Calendar of Events updated April 29, 2009
Thurs., April 30
• Founder’s Day -- Celebrated by five south county chapters of Beta Sigma Phi, 6 p.m., Best Western Tree House, Mount Shasta. During the dinner and program each chapter will reflect on the past year’s activities while honoring chapter presidents/members.
• Chamber mixer -- Weed Chamber of Commerce Spring Mixer, 5 to 7 p.m., Edgewood Custom Interiors, 242 Main Street. New chamber president Brenda Woods will be present to meet, greet and network with local business owners. Info: 938-4556.
• Invasive plant roundtable -- 6:30 p.m., Stage Door, Mount Shasta. Panelists will present facts and information on species taking over local native habitats. Question and Answer session follows. Free. Donations appreciated. Info: 235-2012.
Kindergarten parent orientation -- 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Mrs. McKenzie’s classroom, Mount Shasta Elementary School. All parents and incoming kindergartners are welcome encouraged to attend. Brief power point presentation followed by questions and answers. Refreshments and book drawing. Childcare reservations: 926-3434.
Carnevale meeting -- Weed Chamber of Commerce Carnevale committee meeting, 8:30 a.m., Hi-Lo Cafe, Weed. More community members wanted for committee. Info: 938-4624.
Dialysis meeting -- Siskiyou Dialysis Group meeting, 5:30 p.m., Fairchild Medical Center, board room, 444 Bruce Street, Yreka. Info: 842-3777.
Fri., May 1
• Make a deal day -- Snip ‘N Save, 315 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta will hold its Let’s Make a Deal Day from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Make a deal on every item in the store. All proceeds go to Siskiyou Spay Neuter Incentive Program. Info: 926-0400.
Sat., May 2
• Run for the Son -- Christian Motorcyclists Association’s 22nd annual event with local chapter Siskiyou Servants participating. Meet at Denny’s Restaurant in Yreka at 9 a.m. The approximately 100 mile round-trip ride begins at 10 a.m. Riders seek sponsors to help raise money for CMA to “spread the light of Jesus to every nation.” Info: 842-2207.
• Voter registration -- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Mount Shasta City Hall Plaza. South Siskiyou Democratic Club will register you regardless of party affiliation. Last day to register for May 19 elections is May 4.
• Dinner at Coffee Connection -- 5 to 7:30 p.m., 408 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. Lasagna, salad, French bread, coffee/tea or soda and dessert. Cost: $7, adults; $4, kids under 10. Info: 926-2622.
• Cinco de Mayo dinner -- 5:30 p.m., American Legion Hall, McCloud. Chili verde, frijoles, rice, corn, homemade tortillas, dessert and music. Cost: $8 each.
• Firefighter fundraiser -- South Yreka Firefighter’s Auxiliary rummage, raffle, bake and plant sale, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Fire Station, 3420 Easy Street, Yreka. Info: 842-2871 or 842-5930.
Motorcycle meeting -- Siskiyou Servants/CMA Breakfast and Ride now meets the first Saturday monthly at 9 a.m. at Denny’s Restaurant in Yreka. All are invited. Info: 938-0601.
Customer appreciation day -- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Paws & Shop Thrift Shoppe, 1208 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. 50 percent off storewide. Clothing, shoes, purses, accessories, $3 a bag (excludes white tagged items). Books, $5 a bag (excludes vintage books); 926-8878.
Film Festival fundraiser -- Mount Shasta International Film Festival fundraiser, 7 p.m., Mount Shasta Resort. Showing “Playing For Change: Peace Through Music” and “Validation.” Proceeds help the Film Festival write grants and contact people in order to have a full Mount Shasta Internation Film Festival in 2010.
Tri-tip dinner -- Weed High School Class of 2009 Tri-Tip Dinner fundraiser, 5 to 8 p.m., Weed Elementary School cafeteria. Tri-tip, green beans, salad, bread. Cost: $15, adults; $8, under 12. Create your own sundae for additional charge. Proceeds support Disney Grad Night. Tickets/info: 938-3138.
Sun., May 3
Visitor’s Center clean-up -- Weed Chamber of Commerce will hold a parking lot clean-up for the exterior of the Visitor’s Center from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bring gloves, rakes and assorted yard tools. Lunch will be served. Info: 938-4624.
Tue., May 5
• Cinco de Mayo party -- 6 to 9 p.m., Lalo’s Restaurant, Mount Shasta. Mount Shasta Rotarians will serve items ordered from menu; tips go to ward renovations at Mount Shasta Library.
Wed., May 6
• Women in Business -- Monthly network meeting, 8:30 a.m., The Woodsman Hotel, 1121 S. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. Topic: Spring Expo scheduled for May 30. Info: 926-4326 or 926-3609.
• Herbal health class -- Alternative Health Solutions, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., Mount Shasta Library, 515 E. Alma Street. Facilitated by herb specialist Sandy Patterson. Topic: What herbs are historically used for specific ailments and for different body systems. Free samples; 938-3907.
• Humane Society fundraiser -- 5 to 9 p.m., Round Table Pizza will donate a percentage of its sales to Siskiyou Humane Society. Also, staff and volunteers will be available to answer questions about the organization, adoption, animal information, etc. Info: 926-4052.
• Astronomy meeting -- Mt. Shasta Astronomy Club, 6:30 p.m. at Language Quest, 309 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. Brief talk: “As the World Turns — Or, Why do Those Darn Stars Move Around Anyway?” Plus a vote on the name of the club. Stop in at Language Quest to have newsletter mailed or e-mailed.
• Horsemen meeting -- Top of the State Back Country Horseman meeting, 7:30 p.m., Fort Jones City Hall. Open to all back country horsemen. Info: 467-3137.
H20 Manifesto -- Mt. Shasta City Dance Theater will perform H20 Manifesto, an original dance, music and theater production, beginning at 7:30 p.m. at Yreka Community Theater in Yreka.
Service of chant -- And meditation in the style of Taize, 7 p.m., St. Barnabas Episcopal Church, 701 Lassen Lane, Mount Shasta; 926-5720.
• Invasive plant round-up -- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Join the effort to eradicate Scotch broom on the Upper Sacramento River. River Dancers provide rafts and guides; USFS the tools. Fee: $50. Proceeds benefit the River Exchange’s education and restoration projects. to register: 926-3517.
Mother’s Day BBQ -- Hosted by Mayten Volunteer Fire Department, 5:30 to 8 p.m., Big Springs School gymnasium. All-you-can-eat steak, beans, salad, garlic bread and beverages. Auction and raffle. First 100 women receive carnation. Tickets: $10, adults; $5, kids under 10, available in advance or at the door. Info or to donate: 459-5210; 459-3296. Proceeds go towards completion of fire station.
National Train Day -- Celebrate Dunsmuir’s rich railroad history at Dunsmuir’s Railroad Display Room, open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Amtrak Depot. Train movies, locomotive photos, railroad memorabilia and equipment. Info: 235-0929.
Antique evaluation -- Bring those hidden treasures to Mount Shasta Resource Center’s Antique Evaluation fundraiser, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Mount Shasta City Park, main lodge. Professional appraisers will estimate the value of up to three items at $5 per item. Proceeds benefit MSCRC programs. Info: 926-1400.
Motorcycle meeting -- Siskiyou Motorcycle Association meets 2nd Saturday monthly, 10 a.m., Cedar Lanes, 137 Main Street, Weed. SMA is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping Siskiyou County youth. Info: siskiyou-motorcycle-association.org
Victorian tea meeting -- Hosted by South Siskiyou Republican Women Federation, 11:45 a.m., Mount Shasta City Park, lower lodge. Guest speaker: Ned Boss, candidate for Mount Shasta City Council. Cost: $11, includes refreshments and lunch. RSVP: (530) 945-0261 or email@example.com
Family guide to long-term care -- Solutions and practical advice for older adults and their families, 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Mount Shasta Community Resource Center Annex, 107 E. Alma Street. Presented by Carol Jones, family consultant for PASSAGES Caregiver Resource Center. No charge. Space limited. Registration required: 926-1400.
May 11 and 12
• CPR and first aid class -- 6 p.m., American Red Cross, 1000 S. Main Street, Yreka (both days). First Aid Certificate is valid for three years. CPR/AED Certificate is good for one year. Info: 842-4476.
Siskiyou Land Trust -- Membership meeting, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Mount Shasta Community Building, 629 Alder Street. Learn about SLT’s activities and plans. Appetizers and no-host bar. Raffles and silent auction. Info: 926-2259 or 926-4313.
• Motorcycle meeting -- Siskiyou Lady Riders monthly meeting, 6 p.m., Strings Italian Cafe, 316 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. All lady motorcyclists are welcome. Info: (530) 905-0505.
Golf tournament -- Mercy Mt. Shasta Auxiliary’s Swing into Spring Golf Tournament fundraiser for the Mercy transportation system will be held at the Mount Shasta Resort. Info: 926-7179.
• Fishing derby -- Jim Kearney Memorial Fishing Derby at McCloud Reservoir, sponsored by Sons of American Legion Squadron 92. Entry fee: $20 per two man or woman team; $5 per team for Big Fish Derby. Boat not required. Prizes for different categories. Sign-up at the Legion Hall.
• Garden talk -- Topic: “Permaculture” with Wendy Crist and Beki Fillipello, 2 to 4 p.m., Window Box Bonsai Accents & Art Gallery, 5817 Sacramento Avenue, Dunsmuir. Info: 235-0963.
• Plant sale -- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., in front of Butteville School in Edgewood. Large selection of vegetables including tomatoes, tomatillos, peppers, onions, cilantro, cucumbers, squash, plus flowers and clay flower pot ornaments. Proceeds go towards community service projects.
• Movement and music -- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Yreka Community Resource Center, 201 S. Broadway, Yreka. Free training with emphasis on children ages 9 months to five years. Facilitated by Phoebe Fazio. Lunch provided. Each participant/center will receive a Take Home Kit. To register/more info: 938-2748. Registration deadline: May 8. Sponsored by Siskiyou Child Care Council; First 5 Siskiyou Children and Families Commission.
• SIR meeting -- Sons In Retirement’s special Mother’s Day luncheon , 11 a.m., Lalo’s Restaurant, Mount Shasta. Cost: $12 each, plus tip.
• Indicates new listing.
Al-Anon family group -- 7 p.m., Church of the Nazerene, 415 Evergreen Lane, Yreka.
McCloud senior van -- Senior citizens of McCloud can catch the Senior Van to the Mount Shasta Senior Nutrition Center for bingo and lunch. Pick-up, 10:15 a.m. at McCloud Community Resource Center, 304 West Minnesota Ave. Info: 964-3250.
Mount Shasta Lions Club -- Meets 1st and 3rd Monday monthly, spring through fall. November through April, 1st Monday monthly. No meeting in December. Meetings held at 6 p.m. at The Tree House, 111 Morgan Way, Mount Shasta. Visitors welcome; 926-3982.
Senior exercise class -- Senior women exercise class, 10 a.m., Dunsmuir Recreation Building. Classes are also held on Wed. and Fri.; 235-2816 or 235-4309.
Helmet safety class -- Offered by Weed Community Resource Center, 720 S. Davis St., Suite A, Weed. By appointment, 938-2426.
Peace meetings -- Women Building Bridges for Peace meet 2nd and 4th Mon. evenings, monthly, call for time and location; 926-3417 or 926-6836.
Children’s story hour -- For ages 2 to 8; 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Mount Shasta library; 926-1400.
Railroad breakfast -- A get together for retired and working railroad crews out of Dunsmuir. Meet last Mon. monthly, 10 a.m., Tree House, Mount Shasta.
Narcotics Anonymous -- 7 p.m., 312 Alma St., Mount Shasta; pager: 842-7502.
Al-Anon family group -- For women only. 3 p.m., Dunsmuir Library, 5714 Dunsmuir Avenue, Dunsmuir.
MCTV15 -- Orientation meetings and trainings, 3rd Tuesday monthly, 7 p.m., MCTV studio, Learning Resource building, College of the Siskiyous, Weed.
Story time -- 10:30 to 11 a.m., McCloud Library. McCloud Community Resource Center invites parents and their children for stories and art projects; 964-3250.
Siskiyou Golden Seniors -- Meets 1st Tuesday monthly. Call 938-3588 for meeting time and location.
Rotary -- Mount Shasta Rotary Club meets weekly, 12:15 p.m., Lalo’s Restaurant, 520 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta; 926-6122.
AA Women’s Group -- Noon, Kids’ Factory Factory, 4103 Pine Street, Dunsmuir; 235-4005.
Alcoholics Anonymous -- 7 to 8 p.m., Lake Shastina Community Center, 15244 Driftwood Lane, Lake Shastina; 1-800-680-8955.
Book sale -- Snip ‘n Save variety store, 1/2 off book sale, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 315 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
Toddler playgroup -- Facilitated by an Early Childhood professional. Join parents and their children aged 0-5. From 10 a.m. to noon, Kids’ Factory, 4103 Pine St., Dunsmuir; 235-4005.
WRC bingo -- Weed Revitalization Coalition bingo, 1st and 3rd Tue. monthly, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Weed Mercantile; 938-3229.
Women veterans -- Women Veterans of Northern California meet 1st Tue. monthly, noon, Round Table Pizza, Mount Shasta. Open to all female veterans, any era, any country.
Genealogy library -- LDS Church, 214 Adams Dr., Mount Shasta. Tue. and Thurs., 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Help with genealogical needs. Free; 926-6657.
Siskiyou Domestic Violence and Crisis Center -- Peer group counseling session, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 209 Third St., Yreka; 842-6629 or hotline, 1-877-842-4068.
Craft and story time -- For young children, 1 to 2 p.m., Dunsmuir Library, Dunsmuir. Snacks and complimentary book provided for each child; 235-2035 or 235-4005.
A Course in Miracles -- Study group, call 938-1528.
Chess club -- Mount Shasta Chest Club meets 6 p.m., George Washington Manor, 1020 Kingston Rd., Mount Shasta. Round Robin Tournament; 926-3608.
Laughter Yoga Club -- Meets 9 to 9:55 a.m., The Wellness Center, 633 Lassen Lane, Mount Shasta. Combines laughter exercises with yogic breathing. Free; 926-4770 or www.practicelaughter.com
Women in Business Breakfast -- Meet 1st Wed. monthly, 8:30 a.m., The Woodsman Hotel, 1121 S. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. Forum for local business women to meet, network and exchange information; 926-1035 or 261-1617.
Helmet safety class -- Offered by Weed Community Resource Center, 720 S. Davis St., Suite A, Weed. By appointment, 938-2426.
Toddler playgroup -- 10 to 11 a.m., Weed Community Resource Center, 720 S. Davis St., Suite A, Weed. For ages 0-5 and parents/caretakers. Age-appropriate activities, games, crafts, story time, and more; 938-2426.
Toddler play group -- 1 to 2:30 p.m., McCloud Community Resource Center, 304 W. Minnesota Ave., McCloud. For parents and children and siblings, birth to 5 years. Arts and crafts, story time, music and interactive play. Refreshments available; 964-3250.
Relationship support -- Relationship Support Group for Women, 2:30 to 4 p.m., Mount Shasta Resource Center Annex, 107 East Alma St.; 926-1400.
Senior day -- Snip-n-Save variety store, Senior Day special, 25 percent off, age 62 or older. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 315 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
Buddhist meditation instruction -- 6:30 p.m. at Shasta Abbey; 926-4208.
New mom’s support -- Group meets 1st and 3rd Wed., 10 to noon, Mt. Shasta Community Resource Center, 432 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Suite B, Mount Shasta. Share challenges, questions and celebrations with new moms. Dads are welcome; 926-1400.
Amateur radio -- Mt. Shasta Amateur Radio Club weekly informal radio net meets on the air, 7 p.m. The 2-meter net is conducted on the club’s repeater, 146.88 mHz no PL. Net control is Larry Marks, W6VTJ (Whiskey six Victor Tango Juliet.). Amateur radio operators with license and within reach of repeater are invited.
Parent support group -- Problem-solve issues of parenting, 1 to 2 p.m., Kids’ Factory, 4103 Pine St., Dunsmuir; 235-4005. Free.
Rotary -- Dunsmuir Rotary Club meets weekly, 7:05 a.m., Hitchin’ Post Restaurant, Dunsmuir; 235-2786.
Republicans -- Siskiyou County Republican Central Committee meet 3rd Wed. monthly. Dinner, 6 p.m.; business meeting, 7 p.m.; 926-4575 or 842-4400.
Narcotics Anonymous -- 7 p.m., Grace Presbyterian Church, 1090 N. Davis, Weed. Call pager, 842-7502.
Masonics -- Siskiyou Masonic Lodge #297 meet 1st Wed. monthly, 7 p.m., Mount Shasta Community Building, 629 Alder St.; 926-2419.
Bridge club -- Mount Shasta Duplicate Bridge Club, 7 p.m., Mount Shasta City Park recreation building. Visitors welcome; 926-2767.
St. Anthony bingo -- 6:15 p.m., doors open, 5:30 p.m., St. Anthony Parish Hall, Mount Shasta.
Thursday walking group -- 8:30 to 10 a.m. Meet at McCloud Community Resource Center. Slow walkers and all ages welcome; 964-3250.
Al-Anon family group -- 7 p.m., Eskaton George Washington Manor, 1020 Kingston Road, Mount Shasta..
Order of Eastern Star -- Meets 2nd and 4th Thursday monthly at the Masonic Hall, 629 Alder Street, Mount Shasta. 6 p.m., refreshments; 7 p.m., meeting; 261-0023.
Catholics Invited Home -- 7 p.m., St. Anthony’s Hall, Pine Street, Mount Shasta. For non-practicing Catholics. To pre-register: 926-2584 or 926-4477.
Pajama story hour -- 1st Thurs. monthly, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Mount Shasta library. Stories and activities. Free books and snacks provided. Wear your pajamas; 926-1400.
Friends of the Library -- Mount Shasta Branch Library meets 2nd Thurs. monthly, 7 p.m., 515 E. Alma Street, Mount Shasta. All are invited to attend; 926-3221.
Kirtan chanting -- In call-and-response style. Led by Sahadev. Info: 235-0554.
Metal detecting -- Siskiyou County Relic and Recovery Club meets 1st Thurs. monthly, 7 p.m., Denny’s Restaurant, Yreka; 435-2461.
Off-road riding -- Siskiyou County Off-Road Riders meet 3rd Thurs. monthly, 6:30 p.m., Yreka Extreme Sports, 1101 S. Main St., Yreka. A non-profit organization promoting safe and responsible family oriented off road riding; 938-4256 or 459-5306.
Kids clothes -- Snip-n-Save variety store, Kids Clothes -1/2 off special, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 315 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
Astrology Cafe -- 1st and 3rd Thurs. monthly with astrologer Glenn Arthur Kaufmann, 6 p.m., 618 S. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. An informal evening of astrological observation, education and chart interpretation. Bring your charts or call ahead: 926-2777. Suggested donation.
Rotary -- Weed Rotary Club meets weekly, 12:15 p.m., Dos Amigos Restaurant, 176 Vista Dr., Weed; 938-0359.
Brown bag for seniors -- Shasta Senior Nutrition Food Bank brown bag distributions, 1st Thurs. monthly, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Weed Mercantile Mall; 938-3229.
Al-Anon meeting -- 12 step support group for family and friends of alcoholics, 7 p.m., Eskaton President George Washington Manor, 1020 Kingston Rd., Manor 2, recreation room (upper parking lot) Mount Shasta; 859-1303.
Bingo in McCloud -- American Legion Hall in McCloud. Doors open, 5:30 p.m.; early birds, 6:30 p.m., (530) 859-0568.
Square dance -- Dudes and Daisies Square Dance Club meets at Mount Shasta City Park, Dudes and Daisies Lodge. Beginning workshop, 7 p.m.; Mainstream and plus, 8 p.m.; 926-3959.
Medicine Buddha session -- 5 to 6 p.m., 1520 Shasta Acres Rd., Mount Shasta. All are welcome for meditation and chanting. To add a name to prayer list or to participate: (530) 859-1007; 926-1271. Sponsored by Mount Shasta Friends of Tibetan Culture (www.mountshastafriendsoftibetanculture.org).
Energy exercise class -- Polarity Energy Exercises, 4 to 4:50 p.m., The Wellness Center, 633 Lassen Lane, Mount Shasta. Instructor: Micah Dobush. Free; 926-1447.
Bargain day -- Snip-n-Save variety store, Let’s Make a Deal Day, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 1st Friday monthly, 315 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
Kiwanis -- Weed/Lake Shastina Kiwanis Club meets weekly, 12:15 p.m., Dos Amigos Restaurant, 176 Vista Dr., Weed; 938-2218.
Parkinson’s support -- Parkinson’s Support Group of Siskiyou County meets 2nd Friday monthly, 2 p.m., Lake Shastina Community Bible Church, 5826 Jackson Ranch Road. Free. Refreshments served; 938-0368 or 938-4949.
Senior’s home owners rebate assists -- Offered by Weed Community Resource Center, 720 S. Davis St., Suite A, Weed. By appointment, 938-2426.
Bedding day -- Snip-n-Save variety store, bedding - 50 percent off special, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 315 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
Celebrate Recovery -- Biblically based 12-step program for those with desire to overcome habits, hurts and hang-ups. Weed Berean Church, 750 S. Weed Blvd., Weed. BBQ, 5 p.m.; main group meeting, 6 p.m.; small groups, 7 p.m.; cafe berea, 8 p.m.; 926-4021 or 938-4591.
Christian fellowship -- Game room, fellowship, and food. 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Coffee Connection, Mount Shasta. Teens welcome.
Blood pressure clinic -- Offered by Siskiyou Home Health Services, 9 to 11 a.m., 317 Deetz Rd., Mount Shasta. No charge; 926-4142.
Gazelle Grange bingo -- 1st and 3rd Fri. monthly. Early birds, 6:30 p.m.; regular bingo, 7 p.m. One progressive blackout paying $250. Power ball game. Snack bar open, 5 to 8 p.m.; 435-2562 or 842-8223.
TOPS -- Take off pounds sensibly, 9:45 a.m., Mount Shasta City Park, lower lodge. Visitors welcome; 926-5374 or 926-3970.
Genealogy research -- The Genealogical Society of Siskiyou County Research Center, 912 S. Main Street in Yreka is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekly (except holidays). Staff available to help with research problems.
Thrift store sale -- Siskiyou Humane Society Thrift Store’s $3 a bag clothing sale, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 1208 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta (next to shelter); 926-8878.
Toddler playgroup -- 11 a.m. to noon, 1st Sat. monthly, Weed Community Resource Center, 720 S. Davis St., Suite A, Weed. For ages 0-5 and parents/caretakers. Age-appropriate activities, games, crafts, story time, and more; 938-2426.
Children’s art explores -- 10 to 11 a.m., 2nd Sat. monthly, Weed Community Resource Center, 720 S. Davis St., Suite A, Weed.
Motorcycle meeting -- Siskiyou Servants/CMA meets 1st Saturday monthly at Yreka Denny’s, 11 a.m., lunch; noon, business meeting; 1 p.m. day ride (weather permitting); 938-0601.
Christian fellowship -- Game room, fellowship, and food; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 to 11 p.m., Coffee Connection, Mount Shasta. Teens welcome.
Clothing bag sale -- Snip ‘N Save variety store, $3 bag sale on colored tagged clothes, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 115 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
TelosNow -- Live audio broadcast on local and world issues, 1:30 to 3 p.m. Log onto telosnow.com or tune in to MCTV Channel 15.
Soul stretch -- Science of Mind with Rev. Eleanor Richard, Mount Shasta Methodist Church, 4 p.m., silent meditation; 4:30 p.m. discussion in presence with words from those of high consciousness; 938-2930; www.awakeninghumanity.org
Video Satsang -- With Gangaji, 10 a.m., 5401 Dunsmuir Ave., Dunsmuir; 235-4253.
Men’s group -- Non-religious, light hikes, drumming, potlucks and activities. Open to suggestions; 938-9566.
Celebrate worship -- 9:30 a.m., Hope Community Church, 974 Lassen Lane, Mount Shasta. Live contemporary band; 926-2847.
Buddhist services and Dharma talk -- 10:30 a.m. at Shasta Abbey; 926-4208.
Bingo -- Dunsmuir Eagles Hall, 5941 Sacramento Ave. Hall opens, noon; games start, 1 p.m.
Masons breakfast -- 1st Sun. monthly hosted by Siskiyou Masonic Lodge #297. 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Community Building, 629 Alder St., Mount Shasta.
Narcotics Anonymous -- 7 p.m., St. John’s Parish Hall, 4605 Shasta Ave., Dunsmuir. Pager: 842-7502.