McCloud community members have set up an account and are planning a fundraiser to help the mother and child who lost their home in a fire Jan. 26, 2011.

A McCloud family is without a home after a fire destroyed the house they were renting and all their belongings Wednesday evening, Jan. 26, 2011. Angelina Cook and her three year old son were away from home at the time.  

Total loss of the Maple St. structure and its contents was valued at $105,000, according to McCloud Volunteer Fire Department Chief Rick Dexter.

An account was set up at Premier West Bank in McCloud, under Angelina Cook’s name, and cash donations are being sought. Food and clothing donations are being requested and can be dropped off at the The McCloud Community Resource Center. Women’s size 8-10 and child’s size 4 are requested.

As of late in the week the family was staying with friends and McCloud community members are working on finding them housing.

Though the fire's original location was called in as being Beaumont Avenue, the fire was actually located on Maple Street, next to Mt. Zion Baptist Church.

Investigators of the Siskiyou County Arson Team  were on scene early Thursday morning to try and determine a cause for the blaze. “A full report wil be forthcoming by the middle of next week,” investigator Dave Young said at that time.