Thurs., Nov. 24
• Thanksgiving dinner -- McCloud First Baptist Church invites the public to its annual Thanksgiving Dinner with all the trimmings from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The church is located at the corner of Minnesota and Water Streets. Info: 964-2910.
Thanksgiving dinner -- Mount Shasta’s 23rd annual Thanksgiving Day Dinner, Mount Shasta City Park. All are welcome. Volunteers are needed to help in the kitchen or dining room, call 926-1266; or deliver meals, call 926-3551. Clothing is also be sought for the annual giveaway, call 926-4997.
Donations of shelf stable food products for the grocery bag give-away are also welcome. Drop gifts off at 300 East Lake (and Alder) Street. Leave bags on porch. Send donation checks to: Thanksgiving Meal, c/o PO Box 1289, Mount Shasta, CA 96067. Info: 926-1762.
Thanksgiving dinner -- Weed’s Thanksgiving Day Community Dinner, 1 to 3 p.m., Weed Mercantile Mall, 590 Main Street. All are welcome. Dinner is free. Deliveries made to those unable to attend. Donations of turkeys and desserts gratefully accepted. For info, to volunteer, to donate or for dinner deliveries: 938-3229.
Run for Food -- Thanksgiving Day 5K Run/Walk starts and ends at College of the Siskiyous football field in Weed. Race starts at 9 a.m., rain or shine. In the event of snow on the ground, the race will take place at Lake Shastina’s Hoy Park at 10 a.m. Registration is $30 and includes a long-sleeve T-shirt. Register online at www.runforfood.com or mail forms to Run for Food, PO Box 96, Weed, CA 96067 or drop forms off at Sportsmen’s Den in Mount Shasta. Siskiyou Food Assistance thanks Siskiyou Runners for its assistance with this event. Info or to volunteer: 859-0168.
Fri., Nov. 25
Christmas display -- 6:30 p.m., 936 Douglas Lane (off Lassen Lane near First Baptist Church) in Mount Shasta. Bring the entire family. Lighted Christmas trees, blowup Santas and Snowmen surrounded by favorite cartoon characters. Nativity scene, ferris wheel with cartoon characters. Santa House and a herd of reindeer with Christmas music. Free coffee, hot chocolate, apple cider and cookies served on Friday and Saturday nights through Jan. 1, 2012. Info: 926-2037.
Tree lighting -- Weed’s Old Fashion Christmas Tree Lighting, Centennial Plaza, 550 Main Street. Food, drinks and live caroling with Weed’s local choirs. Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus will be available right after tree lighting to meet all the boys and girls. Bring your camera to take photos of your family with Santa. Info: 938-4624.
Winter magic -- Shop, visit and enjoy live music, entertainment and children’s activities from 3 to 7 p.m. in downtown Mount Shasta. Local choirs and live rock bands will play holiday favorites in front of City Hall. Tree lighting ceremony at 6 p.m. Plus a rail jam in parking lot behind Sportsmen’s Den with live DJ, fire pits with s’mores, Christmas carolers, visits with Santa, Mrs. Claus and her fresh baked cookies, Rudolph, Santa’s elves, and Frosty the Snowman. Cheery lighted characters will be out and about and kids can enjoy storytelling making decorations in the warmth of the Siskiyou Arts Bus. Siskiyou Food Assistance Corporation will make non-perishable food donations available to help friends and neighbors through the holiday season. Info: 926-3696, 938-0130 or 938-2699.
Kiwanis -- Weed/Lake Shastina Kiwanis Club meets on Fridays at noon at the Lake Shastina Golf Resort, 5925 Country Club Drive in Lake Shastina. Prospective members are always welcome. Info: 938-2218.
Nov. 25 and 26
See’s candy sale -- Weed-Lake Shastina Kiwanis annual holiday See’s Candy fundraiser runs through Dec. 24 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Volunteers will sell at the Kiwanis trailer in Ray’s Food Place parking lot in Weed Friday and Saturday, Nov. 25 and 26. December sales will be Thursday though Saturday each week; and Monday through Saturday the week before Christmas.
Sat., Nov. 26
Santa visits -- Children can visit Santa from 6 to 8 p.m. every Saturday at 936 Douglas Lane (off Lassen Lane near First Baptist Church) in Mount Shasta. Each child will receive a stuffed animal of their choice. Bring the whole family. Info: 926-2037.
Sun., Nov. 27
• Satsang with Gangaji -- Video, 10 a.m., 5401 Dunsmuir Avenue, Dunsmuir. Info: 235-4253.
Music and message -- 10:45 a.m., Center for Spiritual Living, 4303 Oak Street, Dunsmuir. Rev. Eleanor Richard speaks on, “Living in Gratitude” (new ways of looking at the power of gratitude). Refreshments and conversation. Info: 938-2930.
Tue., Nov. 29
• Sled dog meeting -- Siskiyou Snow Dog Sporting Association’s annual membership meeting, 6 p.m., Mt. Shasta Brewing Company, 360 College Avenue, Weed. Open to anyone interested in helping with the February 2012 Sled Dog Races. Board of director and officer nominations and elections. Info: 926-3641, 859-1385 or www.siskiyousleddograces.com
• Mercy gift shop -- Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta’s gift shop is open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. during the month of December leading up to Christmas. The shop is also open on Saturdays from noon to 3:30 p.m. Info: 926-6111, extension 413.
• Blood drive -- BloodSource community blood drive, 1:30 to 6 p.m., Dunsmuir Community Building, 4835 Dunsmuir Avenue. Donors received a Season of Giving T-shirt and coupon for free pint of Baskin-Robbins ice cream. Walk-ins welcome. Info: (866) 822-5663 or www.bloodsource.org
Parents night out -- Parents who’d like some time to themselves may drop their children off at the United Methodist Church of Mount Shasta, 312 W. Alma Street, between 6 and 9 p.m. (use basement entrance on Cedar Street). Arts and crafts, games, cooking, music, storytelling or a movie will be offered. Accommodations made for infants. Supervision by UMC adults. Nutritious meal provided. Space is limited. For reservations and registration info: 926-3739.
Dec. 2 and 3
Christmas craft faire -- Weed’s 15th annual Christmas Craft Fair, Friday, Dec. 2 from 4 to 9 p.m.; and Saturday, Dec. 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Weed Mercantile Mall, 590 Main Street. Children’s crafts from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Refreshments available at the Cougar Cafe. Sponsored by Weed Revitalization Coalition. Info: 938-3229.
• Santa’s workshop -- Mt. Shasta Mighty Rollers host a Santa’s Workshop from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hope Community Church, 974 Lassen Lane in Mount Shasta. All ages are invited to make gifts for loved ones with the help of local roller derby girls (supplies provided). Includes refreshments, music and photos with the team. Admission: $10, each; or $5 with donation of new toy for Toys for Tots. To reserve space: (805) 235-5192 or (530) 261-1043.
• Santa Paws -- Santa Paws will be at Mount Shasta City Park, lower lodge from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for pet photos with Santa. Cost is $7 per photo. Proceeds benefit Siskiyou Humane Society. Microchipping will be available for $20; or photo and microchip combination for $25. Info: 926-4052.
• Library appreciation -- Mount Shasta Library’s Community Appreciation Day, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., 515 E. Alma Street. Song and story-time from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tea, coffee, punch and cookies served throughout the day. Gift shopping available at the ongoing book sale area. Display of local artist Kim Solga’s work. Info: 926-2031.
• 1st Saturday dinner -- Coffee Connection’s 1st Saturday Monthly Dinner, 5 to 7:30 p.m., downtown Mount Shasta. Menu: lasagna, salad, French bread, coffee, tea or soda, and ice cream cup. Cost: $7, adults; $4, children under 10.
• Tree lighting -- Lake Shastina’s 7th annual Christmas tree lighting event, 5 to 7 p.m., Lake Shastina Fire Department. Includes caroling and visits with Santa. Each child will receive a gift and framed photo of their visit with Santa. Hot dogs, hamburgers and Tom Wetter’s award winning chili available for purchase at minimal fee. Enjoy hot chocolate and keep warm by the fire pits. Info: 938-1423.
• SMA toy fundraiser -- Siskiyou Motorcycle Association’s Christmas benefit fundraiser, 5 to 11 p.m., Sons of Italy Hall, 155 Clay Street, Weed. Entry fee: $10 or an unwrapped toy for a child of equal or greater value (no stuffed toys). Includes happy hour, holiday buffet dinner (additional charge), Chinese auction, raffle drawing, and drawing for a 2012 Harley Davidson Dyna Super-Glide. Info: 938-2309 or 925-5472.
Art and wine -- Art Auction and Wine Tasting fundraiser, hosted by Butteville Elementary School Parent/Teacher Organization, 7 p.m., Lake Shastina Golf Resort clubhouse. Live art auction, 8:30 p.m. Live music.
Cost: $25 each, includes engraved wine glass, five separate tastings, full complement of fresh, hot hors d’oeuvres. Additional glasses of wine may be purchased. Tickets available at the school, Lake Shastina Golf Resort or 859-2077. Proceeds benefit music, art, drama and dance at Butteville Elementary. For info or to donate art works: 938-2907.
• Mercy gift shop -- Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta gift shop’s annual Pre-holiday Lobby Sale, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tables with merchandise at 50 percent off and 75 percent off. Info: 926-6111, extension 413.
Kiwanis meeting -- Mt. Shasta Five Star Kiwanis meets the first Tuesday monthly beginning at 8 a.m. at the Tree House Motor Inn in Mount Shasta. Info: 926-5253.
Teen driving class -- California Highway Patrol’s Start Smart class for beginning teen drivers and their parents, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., CHP Yreka Office, 1739 S. Main Street. Program entails collision avoidance techniques, collision causing elements and local area traffic collision trends. For reservation: 841-6044.
• Softball meeting -- Siskiyou Heat Softball Club meeting, 6 p.m., Round Table Pizza in Yreka. Includes election of board members. All positions are open and members are encouraged to attend.
WIB meeting -- Women in Business networking meeting, 8:30 to 10 a.m., Best Western Tree House Motor Inn, Mount Shasta. Guest speaker Nikolas Allen of BAM! Small Biz Consulting will present “Emotional Marketing – Building Small Business Brands That Matter.” Bring your marketing materials to enter drawing for free one-hour consultation with BAM! No cost for first meeting. Info: wibnetwork.net
• Mercy gift shop -- Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta gift shop’s will be open until 7:45 p.m. during the Light up a Life tree lighting ceremony. (See listing below). Info: 926-6111, extension 413.
Light up a Life -- Mercy Hospice Mt. Shasta tree lighting ceremony, 5 p.m., Mercy Medical Center’s hospice tree, Mount Shasta. (If weather is bad, ceremony will be held in Mercy’s Mt. Eddy room.)
Gather around the tree at the main entrance of the hospital to remember a loved one who has passed on or honor someone special. Includes live music, warm drinks and sweets in the Mt. Eddy room following the ceremony. Gift donations: red bulb, $10 or less; blue, $25; green, $50; orange, $75; white, $100 or more. Proceeds go toward aiding current and future Mercy Hospice Mt. Shasta patients and families. Info: 926-6111, extension 455.
Adopt-a-Sock -- Children’s Christmas Party, 1 to 3 p.m., Weed Mercantile Mall, 590 Main Street. For kids ages 12 and under. Must be signed-up by a parent to attend. Includes crafts, games and a stocking filled with gifts from Santa. To sign-up, to donate or for info: 938-3229 or 938-2426.
• Celebration dinner -- Dunsmuir Chamber of Commerce 3rd annual Celebration Dinner, 6 to 8 p.m., Sengthong’s Blue Sky Room, downtown Dunsmuir. The Business of the Year, Public Service of the Year, Excellence in Customer Service, volunteers, long-term chamber members, and corporate and business sponsors will be honored. Menu includes entree option of prime rib, rosemary roasted chicken, or Thai vegetarian spring rolls with salad, dessert coffee or tea. Cost: $25 each (tax and tip included). No-host bar available. The chamber is seeking business and corporate sponsors for the dinner with a $100 donation. Funds will be used for complimentary tickets for honorees, decorations and gifts. Info: 235-2177.
• Aglow event -- Michele Witz of Redding will be the guest speaker at an event hosted by Mt. Shasta Aglow from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Coffee Connection in downtown Mount Shasta. Witz will share her testimony of God’s redemption, restoration and transformation. Bring finger foods if possible.
• Contest deadline -- The deadline for Dunsmuir’s annual residential and commercial holiday and light decoration contest is Wednesday, Dec. 14 at 4 p.m. Merchants will also be judged by inside storefront lights and contents and outside lighting. Theme: “A Victorian Christmas.” Entries will be judged Thursday and Friday, Dec. 15 and 16. Lights must be on by 5 p.m.; 235-2600 or 235-2177.
• Horsemen meeting -- Top of the State Back County Horsemen meeting, 7 p.m., CAL FIRE training room, Yreka. Includes election of officers. The public is invited. Info: 842-0882.
Martial arts -- Open House and Holiday Food Drive, hosted by Mount Shasta Martial Arts Program, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., 612-A S. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. The community is invited to see students in action at the modern training facility and to help make the holidays a little brighter for seniors by donating food for the Senior Nutrition Program. Info: 859-2024, email@example.com or www.mtshastama.org.
• Indicates new listing
Alcoholics Anonymous -- Two meetings in Mount Shasta: 8 to 9 a.m., Mercy Medical Center, conference room, 914 Pine St.; and 7 to 8 p.m., hall behind St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, Pine and Alma St. (530) 225-8955.
Al-Anon family group -- 7 p.m., Church of the Nazerene, 415 Evergreen Ln., Yreka; 842-2689.
American Legion -- Chula Unit 92 meets 1st Monday monthly, 7 p.m., American Legion Hall, 232 Broadway Ave., McCloud; 964-2030.
Family game night -- (Beginning Oct. 31) 5:30 to 7 p.m., last Monday monthly, Dunsmuir Community Resource Center, 5740 Dunsmuir Ave.; 235-4400.
Motorcycle meeting -- Christian Motorcyclist Association/Siskiyou Servants business meeting, 3rd Monday monthly, 6 p.m., Round Table Pizza, 735 S. Broadway, Yreka; 598-0608.
Narcotics Anonymous -- 7 p.m., 312 Alma St., Mount Shasta; pager: 842-7502.
Peace meetings -- Women Building Bridges for Peace meets 2nd and 4th Mon. evenings monthly, call for time and location; 926-3417 or 926-6836.
Railroad breakfast -- A get together for retired and working railroad crews out of Dunsmuir. Meet last Mon. monthly, 10 a.m., Tree House, Mount Shasta.
Salad lunch -- Free salad lunch, noon, Dunsmuir Community Resource Center, 5740 Dunsmuir Ave.; 235-4400.
Siskiyou Domestic Violence and Crisis Center -- Peer group counseling session, 5 to 6:30 p.m., 118 Ranch Ln., Yreka; 842-6629 or hotline, 1-877-842-4068.
Toddler playgroup -- 10 a.m., Mount Shasta Community Resource Center, 109 E. Lake St. Games, music, arts and crafts, story time; 926-1400.
A Course in Miracles -- Study group, meets at 3 p.m.; 938-1528 for info.
Aglow meeting -- Mt. Shasta Aglow meets 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Coffee Connection, Mount Shasta. Share God’s blessings; hear inspirational speakers. Men and women invited; 926-2396, 468-2353 or 235-4479.
Al-Anon family group -- For women only. 3 p.m., Dunsmuir Library, 5714 Dunsmuir Ave.
Alcoholics Anonymous -- 7 to 8 p.m., Lake Shastina Community Center, 15244 Driftwood Ln.; (530) 225-8955.
Kiwanis -- Mt. Shasta Five Star Kiwanis meets 1st Tue. monthly, 7 a.m., Tree House Motor Inn, Mount Shasta; and the 3rd Tue. monthly, noon, Mount Shasta Resort, Mount Shasta. Info: 926-5253.
Rotary -- Mount Shasta Rotary Club meets weekly, 12:15 p.m., Lalo’s Restaurant, 520 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta; 926-6122.
Toddler playgroup -- 1 to 2 p.m., McCloud Community Resource Center, 304 W. Minnesota Ave. For parents and children, birth to 5 years. Arts and crafts, story time, music and interactive play. Refreshments; 964-3250.
Toddler playgroup -- 2 to 3 p.m., Dunsmuir Community Resource Center, 5740 Dunsmuir Avenue; 235-4400.
Bridge club -- Mount Shasta Duplicate Bridge Club, 7 p.m., Mount Shasta City Park recreation building. Visitors welcome; 926-2767.
Chess club -- Mount Shasta Chest Club, 6 p.m., George Washington Manor, 1020 Kingston Rd., Mount Shasta. Round Robin Tournament 926-3608.
Christian women’s breakfast -- Meets 1st and 3rd Wednesday monthly, 8 a.m., Mount Shasta Resort. No featured speakers or scheduled subject matters. Bring Bibles, break bread and talk together to see in what way God will speak to hearts. Free; breakfast available for purchase.
Masonics -- Siskiyou Masonic Lodge #297 meets 1st Wednesday monthly, 7 p.m., Mount Shasta Community Center, 629 Alder St., Mount Shasta; 926-2419.
Narcotics Anonymous -- 7 p.m., Mountain View Apartments, common room, 268 E. Lake St., Weed. Call pager, 842-7502.
New mom’s support -- Group meets 1st and 3rd Wednesday monthly, 10 to noon, Mount Shasta Community Resource Center, 109 E. Lake St. Share challenges, questions and celebrations with new moms. Dads are welcome; 926-1400.
Republican meeting -- Siskiyou County Republican Central Committee meets 3rd Wednesday monthly. Dinner, 6 p.m.; business meeting, 7 p.m.; 926-4575 or 842-4400.
Rotary -- Dunsmuir Rotary Club meets weekly, 7:05 a.m., Dunsmuir Brewery Works, 5701 Dunsmuir Ave.; 235-5735.
Series of faith lessons -- The Weed Church of Christ invites the public to attend Free DVD Series of Faith Lessons, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at 19104 1st Avenue, Weed. By historian Ray Vander Laan, “That the World May Know.” Studies filmed in Israel and Turkey where Biblical events actually took place. Hosted by Weed Church of Christ; 938-3119.
Songs and stories -- For children ages 5 and under and their parents, 10:30 p.m. a.m., Mount Shasta Library, 515 E. Alma St.; 926-2031.
St. Anthony bingo -- 6:15 p.m., doors open, 5:30 p.m., St. Anthony Catholic Church Parish Hall, Mount Shasta.
Story time -- Dunsmuir Library story time and a snack, 3 to 4 p.m., 5714 Dunsmuir Ave., Dunsmuir. Info: 235-2035.
Story time -- Weed Friends of the Library and Mountain View Early Head Start offers story time, 11:15 a.m., Weed Library, 780 S. Davis Ave.; 938-4769.
Toddler playgroup -- 2nd and 4th Wednesday monthly, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Weed Community Resource Center, 590 Main St. For ages 0-5 and parents/caretakers. Age-appropriate activities, games, crafts, story time; 938-2426.
Wheat-gluten allergy support -- Group meets 3rd Wednesday monthly, 6 to 8 p.m., Fairchild Medical Center, conference room, 444 Bruce St., Yreka. Sharing of recipes; gluten free product sources; discussion of gluten intolerance; 842-2662 or 938-2637 (leave daytime phone number).
Women in Business -- Meets 1st Wednesday monthly, 8:30 a.m., Mount Shasta Resort, Mount Shasta. Forum for local business women to meet, network and exchange information; 926-4572.
Al-Anon family group -- 7 p.m., Eskaton George Washington Manor, multi-use room, Building 6, 1020 Kingston Rd., Mount Shasta; 859-1303, 1-888-425-2666 or www.al-anon.alateen.org
Bingo in McCloud -- American Legion Hall in McCloud. Doors open, 5:30 p.m.; early birds, 6:30 p.m.; 859-0568.
Caregiver support group -- Mt. Shasta Caregiver Support Group meets 3rd Thursday monthly, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Mercy Medical Center, Mount Shasta. Meet for lunch if desired, 12:30 p.m., hospital cafeteria. Designed for family caregivers. Learn new coping skills, share your burden, learn how Mountain Caregiver Resource Center can help you in your caregiving journey; 459-5382 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Library -- Mount Shasta Branch Friends meets 2nd Thursday monthly, 7 p.m., 515 E. Alma St., Mount Shasta. All are invited to attend; 926-3221.
Genealogy library -- LDS Church, 214 Adams Dr., Mount Shasta. Open Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and Sundays, 1 to 3 p.m. Help with genealogical needs. Free; 926-6671.
Ladies Night -- 7 p.m., Cedar Lanes and Ten Pin Sport Bar, 137 Main Street, Weed. Free bowling and half priced drinks for ladies only; 938-3278.
Metal detecting -- Siskiyou County Relic and Recovery Club meets 1st Thurs. monthly, 7 p.m., China Dragon Restaurant, 520 S. Main St., Yreka; 964-2682.
Off-road riding -- Siskiyou County Off-Road Riders meet 3rd Thursday monthly, 6:30 p.m., HRF Powersports, 1301 S. Main St., Yreka. A non-profit organization promoting safe and responsible family oriented off-road riding; 938-4256 or 459-5306.
Order of Eastern Star -- Meets 2nd and 4th Thursday monthly, Masonic Hall, 629 Alder St., Mount Shasta. Light dinner, 6 p.m.; meeting, 7 p.m.; 261-0023.
Rotary -- Weed Rotary Club meets weekly, 12:15 p.m., Dos Amigos Restaurant, 176 Vista Dr., Weed; 938-0359.
Siskiyou Arts Council -- Board meetings held 1st Thursday monthly at different locations throughout Siskiyou County; 938-1030 or www.siskiyouartscouncil.org
Siskiyou Lady riders -- Motorcycle group meets 2nd Thurs. monthly at 6:30 p.m. at various Siskiyou County locations. All ladies interested in the sport of motorcycle riding are welcome. For location: (530) 905-0505 or (530) 859-0456.
Siskiyou Tea Party -- Meets 6 to 8 p.m., Abundant Life Church of the Nazarene, 934 N. Old Stage Rd., Mount Shasta. All are invited regardless of party affiliation.
Slot car racing -- Held 2nd and 4th Thurs., 4 to 5 p.m., Weed Community Resource Center, 590 Main St. For kids of all ages; 938-2426.
Smoking cessation support -- Smoking Cessation Support Group meets 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Mount Shasta Community Resource Center, 109 E. Lake Street. Facilitated by ex-smoker and former instructor of American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking Program; 926-1400.
Square dancing -- Dudes and Daisies Square Dance Club meets at Mount Shasta City Park, Dudes and Daisies Lodge. Beginning workshop, 7 p.m.; Mainstream and plus, 8 p.m.; 926-3959.
Veterans coffee hour -- Veterans Coffee Hour and Social, 1st and 3rd Thursday monthly, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Mount Shasta Community Resource Center, 109 E. Lake St. All veterans welcome. Goodies served; 926-1400.
Veterans outreach -- Siskiyou County Veterans Service Officer Tim Grenvik’s south county outreach program, 1st and 3rd Thursday monthly, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mount Shasta Community Resource Center, 109 E. Lake St. For appointment: 926-1400.
Wheat-gluten allergy support -- Group meets 2nd Thursday monthly, 6 to 8 p.m., Mercy Medical Center, Shasta Room, 914 Pine St., Mount Shasta. Sharing of recipes; samples to share; gluten free product and information sources; discussion of gluten intolerance; 918-9473 or 938-2637.
Celebrate Recovery -- Biblically based 12-step program for those with desire to overcome habits, hurts and hang-ups. Weed Berean Church, 750 S. Weed Blvd. BBQ, 5 p.m.; main group meeting, 6 p.m.; small groups, 7 p.m.; cafe berea, 8 p.m.; 926-4021 or 926-5729.
Gazelle Grange bingo -- 1st and 3rd Friday monthly. Early birds, 6:30 p.m.; regular bingo, 7 p.m. One progressive blackout paying $250. Power ball game. Snack bar open, 5 to 8 p.m.; 435-2562 or 842-8223.
Kids fitness class -- Held 1st and 3rd Friday monthly, 10 to 11 a.m., Weed Community Resource Center, 590 Main St. Exercise and nutrition class for children ages 0-5; 938-2426.
Kiwanis -- Weed/Lake Shastina Kiwanis Club meets at noon at Lake Shastina Golf Resort, 5925 Country Club Dr., Lake Shastina. Prospective members are always welcome; 938-2218.
Medicine Buddha session -- 5 to 5:45 p.m., 1520 Shasta Acres Rd., Mount Shasta. All are welcome for meditation and chanting. To add a name to prayer list or to participate: 859-1007; 926-1271. Sponsored by Mount Shasta Friends of Tibetan Culture; www.mountshastafriendsoftibetanculture.org
Overeaters Anonymous -- Meets 5 to 6:15 p.m., Alta Vista Manor, recreation room, 625 Marjorie St., Mount Shasta. A spiritual program following Overeaters Anonymous guidelines and 12-step literature. No fee; 938-0248.
Parkinson’s support -- Parkinson’s Support Group of Siskiyou County meets 2nd Friday monthly, 2 p.m., Lake Shastina Community Bible Church, 5826 Jackson Ranch Rd. Free. Refreshments served; 938-0368 or 938-4949.
Republican meeting -- South Siskiyou Republican Women Federated general meeting/luncheon, 1st Friday monthly, 11:45 a.m., Mount Shasta Resort. Luncheon cost: $11, includes refreshments and gratuity. RSVP: 926-0327.
TOPS -- Take Off Pounds Sensibly weight-loss support group, 9:45 a.m., 1030 WA Barr Rd., Mount Shasta. Visitors welcome; 926-5374 or 926-3970.
Buddhist meditation instruction -- Offered most Saturdays, 2:30 p.m., Shasta Abbey, Mount Shasta. To receive meditation instruction in the Serene Reflection Meditation (Soto Zen) tradition: 926-4208 or e-mail: email@example.com
CMA fellowship ride -- Christian Motorcyclists Association/Siskiyou Servants 1st Saturday Fellowship Ride. Leave at 10 a.m. from the old Boston Shaft parking lot in Yreka (weather permitting). All are invited; 598-0608.
Genealogy research -- The Genealogical Society of Siskiyou County Research Center, 912 S. Main Street in Yreka is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekly (except holidays). Staff available to help with research problems; 842-0277.
Motorcycle meeting -- Siskiyou Motorcycle Association meets 2nd Saturday monthly, 10 a.m., Cedar Lanes bowling ally,137 Main Street, Weed; www.siskiyoumotorcycleassociation.org
Run & Laugh -- Mount Shasta Martial Arts Program free Run & Laugh class, 9 to 10 a.m., 612-A S. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. For children ages 3 to 7. An activity program developing strength, coordination and good manners in the MSMAP rumpus room held each Saturday through Dec. 17. (No class Nov. 26). Info: 859-2024, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.mtshastama.org.
Thrift store sale -- Paws & Shop thrift store’s $3 a bag clothing sale (excludes white tag items), 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 1208 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta (next to Siskiyou Humane Society); 926-8878. Also: Book sale held 1st Saturday monthly, same time, same place.
Toddler playgroup -- 11 a.m. to noon, 1st Saturday monthly, Weed Community Resource Center, 590 Main St. For ages 0-5 and parents/caretakers. Age-appropriate activities, games, crafts, story time; 938-2426.
Bingo -- Dunsmuir Eagles Hall, 5941 Sacramento Ave. Hall opens, noon; games start, 1 p.m.
Buddhist services and Dharma talk -- 10:30 a.m. at Shasta Abbey; 926-4208.
Masons breakfast -- 1st Sunday monthly, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mount Shasta Community Center, 629 Alder St. Hosted by Siskiyou Masonic Lodge No. 297.
Narcotics Anonymous -- 7 p.m., St. John’s Parish Hall, 4605 Shasta Ave., Dunsmuir. Pager: 842-7502.
Trader’s Co-op -- First Sunday monthly, 2 to 4 p.m., A Melo Place, 412 S. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. Trade and barter handcrafted items, garden produce, seeds, homemade goods. No commercial items. Sponsored by Shasta Commons; 926-6836