2012 is a big election year, and it all kicks off in California with the June 5 primaries. Here’s a list of the offices up for election and the measures south county citizens will have to vote on in a little more than three months.
• President and Vice President: incumbents Barack Obama and Joe Biden, D
• US Senator: incumbent Dianne Feinstein, D
• US Representative, 1st District: incumbent Wally Herger, R (not running for reelection). Known challengers: Doug LaMalfa, R; Pete Stiglich, R; Jim Reed, D; Sam Aanestad, R; Gregory Cheadle, R
• State Assembly, new 1st District: Known challengers: Rick Bosetti, R; Brian Dahle, R; Robert Meacher, D; Charley Hooper, no party affiliation; Michael Babich, R
• Superior Court Judge Office 1: incumbent William J. Davis
• Superior Court Judge Office 2: incumbent Donald Langford
• Superior Court Judge Office 3: incumbent Laura Masunaga
• Supervisor District 1: incumbent Jim Cook
• Supervisor, District 2: incumbent Ed Valenzuela. Known challenger: Dan Dorsey
• Supervisor District 4: incumbent Grace Bennett
• Democratic Central Committee, District 2 (5 positions) incumbents Neil Posson, Stephane Posson, Larry Marks, Ken Ryan.
• Republican Central Committee, District 2 (3 positions) incumbent Kelli Lefevre-Sordahl
• Measure N, City of Dunsmuir’s $25 special tax to fund the library
The deadline to declare candidacy for any of these offices is Friday, March 9.