Happy Thanksgiving to our readers. In the Nov. 23, 2016 edition of the Mount Shasta Area Newspapers we are pleased to present a special publication, Great Big Book of Savings and Siskiyou Holiday Guide. On the cover of this special publication you will find a Scratch & Win sticker with your opportunity to win big!
Together, Gatehouse Media and Mount Shasta Area Newspapers are giving away some prizes just in time for the holidays. There will be two (2) instant winner tickets applied to the Great Big Book of Savings sections inserted into the Weed Press, Dunsmuir News and Mount Shasta Herald.
We’re giving away the following prizes: One (1) $250 Visa Gift Card and One (1) $100 Visa Gift Card.
How to know if you are an instant winner? The winning scratch off sticker will say WINNER. If your scratch and win sticker is not an instant winner, look at the reverse side and visit the website shown for your chance to win weekly prizes including a trip to Las Vegas.
Complete rules are below.
Good luck and from our family to yours, we hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
THE GREAT BIG BOOK OF SAVINGS SCRATCH AND WIN GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
The Great Big Book of Savings Scratch and Win Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) begins at the earlier of the time the Publication is delivered to home delivery subscription subscribers or 6:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on November 23, 2016 and ends at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on December 12, 2016 (the “Giveaway Period”).
The following publications are participating in this Giveaway Mount Shasta Area Newspapers (Mt. Shasta Herald, Weed Press, Dunsmuir News) and Siskiyou Daily News.
The Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the United States who reside in the state of California and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (the “Entrant” or “Entrants”). Employees, contractors and interns of GateHouse Media, LLC and Siskiyou Daily News and Mount Shasta Area Newspapers (together, “GateHouse Media”), and each of their respective divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (including, in each case, immediate family members) are not eligible to enter the Giveaway. For purposes of this Giveaway, “immediate family members” is defined as spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws", or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension, and any other persons residing at the same household location, whether or not related. In order to enter the Giveaway or win the prize, the Entrant must comply fully with these official rules (the “Rules”), and by entering agrees to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of GateHouse Media, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects.
1. On November 23, 2016, all editions of the Publication(s), including those delivered to home subscribers, will include a Great Big Book of Savings (the “Book” or “Books”). The Publication containing the Book is available for purchase in and around Siskiyou County.
2. Each Book will have a “sticky note” scratch–off ticket attached to it (the “Ticket” or “Tickets”). Eight Thousand Tickets will be distributed with the Books.
3. Tickets will also be available at no charge during the Giveaway Period at the offices of the Publication(s) located at Siskiyou Daily News, 309 S Broadway, Yreka, CA 96097 and Mt Shasta Herald, 924 N. Mt Shasta Blvd, Mt Shasta, CA 96067 in Siskiyou County, CA, and will be distributed on a first-come, first served basis while supplies last. The offices of the Publication are open Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. PST. There is a limit of one (1) Ticket per person per day to be distributed from the Publication’s office during the Giveaway Period.
4. Entrants should scratch off the Ticket in the designated area to determine if the Ticket is a Winning Ticket, as described below.
5. Four (4) winning Tickets will be distributed with the Books during the Giveaway Period (the “Winning Ticket” or “Winning Tickets”).
6. Each of the Winning Tickets will include the following word “WINNER” and a toll-free number (the “Number”) to contact during regular business hours. Entrants receiving a Winning Ticket (the “Giveaway Winner” or “Giveaway Winners”) should call the Number as soon as possible, but no later than 10:00 a.m. PST on December 9, 2016. During this call, the Entrant will be asked to provide contact information and will be given details on the prize the Entrant has won.
7. The Publication will then contact the Giveaway Winner and make arrangements for the Giveaway Winner to physically appear at the offices of Publication with the Winning Ticket. The Giveaway Winner must appear at the offices of the Publication by 5:00 p.m. PST on December 12, 2016 (the “Claim Deadline”) to have the potential Winning Ticket verified by a representative of the Publication and the corresponding prize awarded.
8. THE GIVEAWAY WINNER MUST PRESENT THE WINNING TICKET AT THE OFFICES OF THE PUBLICATION. NO PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED IF THE GIVEAWAY WINNER DOES NOT PRESENT THE WINNING TICKET TO THE PUBLICATION.
9. NO WINNING TICKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR VERIFICATION AFTER THE CLAIM DEADLINE.
ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning are based on the number of Tickets distributed; Four (4) of the Tickets produced will be Winning Tickets.
A total of Four (4) prizes will be awarded in this Giveaway if all Four (4) Winning Tickets are verified by the Claim Deadline.
The prizes being awarded are as follows:
1. Major Credit Card Branded Gift Card in the amount of $250
2. Major Credit Card Branded Gift Card in the amount of $250
3. Major Credit Card Branded Gift Card in the amount of $100
4. Major Credit Card Branded Gift Card in the amount of $100
If all Four (4) Winning Tickets are not verified by the Claim Deadline, no additional Tickets will be issued and no additional prizes will be awarded.
Each of the potential Giveaway Winners must sign and have notarized an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (the “Release”) in order to be eligible to accept the prize. In the event a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be given.
No substitution or transfer of the prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of GateHouse Media. GateHouse Media reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. The prize has no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash at any time. No compensation will be given for lost, stolen, mutilated or expired gift cards or gift certificates. GateHouse Media is not responsible for replacing lost, stolen, mutilated or expired gift cards or gift certificates. Fulfillment of gift cards and gift certificates is the sole responsibility of the merchant, not GateHouse Media. The gift certificate or gift card must be surrendered upon redemption and no photocopies or reproductions will be honored. The restaurant gift certificate does not include alcoholic beverages. Taxes and gratuity are not included. The restaurant may require that reservations be made in advance subject to seating availability to redeem the prize. The restaurant reserves the right to restrict redemption of the prize to certain days of the week. Further, the restaurant reserves the right to restrict redemption of the prize on all holidays including but not limited to legal, religious or other as determined by the restaurant and to restrict redemption of the prize on the day preceding any such holiday.
All local, state and federal taxes incurred by accepting a prize will be the sole responsibility of the Giveaway Winner. Any person winning over $600 in prizes during any one year period will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
Each of the Giveaway Winners will be announced in a future edition of the Publication.
The decisions of GateHouse Media will be final as to all matters.
By entering, an Entrant agrees to comply with these Rules and the decisions of GateHouse Media, which are binding and final, and release GateHouse Media, and each of its divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone associated with the production of this Giveaway, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any claims, injuries, losses or damages (including attorneys fees) of any kind arising out of their participation in this Giveaway or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. The potential prize winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize and waives any liability or claims (including attorneys fees) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. In the event of non-compliance with these Rules, or if prize is refused or cannot be accepted for any reason, the prize will be forfeited. Upon forfeiture or refusal, no compensation will be given. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use the Winner's name, photograph, likeness and/or statements attributed to winner regarding the Giveaway, for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation or consent. All entries become the property of GateHouse Media. This Giveaway shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the state of California, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws and submission of any entry constitutes acceptance of such laws. This Giveaway is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
If, due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded per the above, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
GateHouse Media is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected or mutilated Tickets; errors in these Official Rules, in any Giveaway-related advertisements or other materials. GateHouse Media reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and/or void Tickets held by an Entrant who GateHouse Media believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Giveaway.
This Giveaway is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that an Entrant is using the Giveaway for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
GateHouse Media and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Giveaway, including information on Entrants obtained through the Giveaway, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
GateHouse Media reserves the right to change the rules of this Giveaway at any time by posting updated Rules to www.siskiyoudaily.com and www.mtshastanews.com. An Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway after the posting date of revised Giveaway rules signifies notice and agreement to the revised Official Rules of the Giveaway.
NAMES OF WINNERS
To obtain the names of the Winners, contact the Siskiyou Daily News at 309 S Broadway, Yreka, CA 96097, 530-842-5777 or Mt Shasta Herald 924 N. Mt Shasta Blvd, Mt Shasta, CA 96067, 530-926-5214 by December 31, 2016.
Second Street Media, 317 N. 11th Street, Suite 302, St. Louis, Missouri 63101.
GateHouse Media, LLC and Siskiyou Daily News and Mount Shasta Area Newspapers (together, “GateHouse Media”) 175 Sully’s Trail, Pittsford, New York 14534.