With temperatures forecast to rise to their highest levels in 25 years this week in parts of Siskiyou County, the Siskiyou County Office of Emergency Services has distributed a list of cooling centers.
SCOES says it coordinated with community resource centers and county libraries to provide the cooling centers for anyone needing a break from the heat.
Check with the resource center or library in your area to determine hours of operation.
• It was noted on the list that McCloud and Happy Camp branch libraries do not have cental air cooling systems.
Below is a list of participating community resource centers and libraries:
• Dunsmuir Community Resource Center, 5844 Dunsmuir Avenue, call 235-4400.
• Dunsmuir Branch Library, 5714 Dunsmuir Avenue, call 235-2035.
• Mount Shasta Community Resource Center, 109 E. Lake Street, call 926-1400.
• Mount Shasta Branch Library, 515 E. Alma Street, call 926-2031.
• Family & Community Resource Center of Weed, 260 Main Street, call 938-9914.
• Weed Branch Library, 150 Alamo Avenue, call 938-4769.
• Butte Valley Community Resource Center, 232 S. Oregon Street, call 397-2273.
Butte Valley Branch Library, 800 West Third Street, call 397-4932.
Etna Branch Library, 115 Collier Way, call 467-3661.
• Scott Valley Family Resource Center, 11920 Main Street, call 468-2450.
Fort Jones Branch Library, 11960 East Street, call 468-2383.
• Happy Camp Family Resource Center, 38 Park Way, call 493-5117.
• HUB Community Resource Center - Montague, 310 S. 13th Street, call 459-3481.
• Montague Branch Library, 230 S. 13th Street, call 459-5473.
• Scott Bar Branch Library, Post Office, call 496-3248.
Tulelake Branch Library, 451 Main Street, call 667-2291.
• Madrone Senior Services - Yreka Community Center, 810 N. Oregon Street, call 841-2365. The Senior Bus will be available to pick up seniors, if needed. Call 530-841-2365.
• Yreka Community Resource Center, 201 S. Broadway Street, call 842-1313.
• Yreka Branch Library, 719 4th Street, call 841-4175.