DRAFT REMOVAL ACTION
WORKPLAN FOR THE LANDING – OLD MILL AREA
FORMERLY KNOWN AS ROSEBURG LUMBER MILL
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: DECEMBER 7, 2018 – January 8, 2019
WHAT IS BEING PROPOSED? The Department of Toxic Substances Control proposes a draft Removal Action Workplan (RAW) for cleanup of the Landing-Old Mill Area (Site) portion of the former Roseburg Lumber Mill located west of the intersection of South Mt. Shasta Boulevard and Loveta Lane in Mt. Shasta City. The draft RAW will address cleanup of Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH), Pentachlorophenol (PCP), and Dioxins/Furans in soil from past operations.
The Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) will oversee the project proposed in the draft RAW. We invite you to review and comment on the draft RAW, which describes the investigations carried out at the Site and the proposed remedy.
CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ACT: In Compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), DTSC conducted an Initial Study that determined the proposed project along with mitigation measures would not have a significant environmental impact. DTSC proposes the Mitigated Negative Declaration as the appropriate document to comply with CEQA. DTSC welcomes comments on the adequacy of the analysis contained in the Initial Study and proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE? DTSC will accept public comments on the draft RAW for the Site during the public comment period December 7, 2018 - January 8, 2019. All comments must be received by January 8, 2019. Send all comments to: Duane White, Project Manager, at 8800 Cal Center Drive, Sacramento, California 95826, or Duane.White@dtsc.ca.gov
INFORMATION REPOSITORIES: The draft RAW and related Site documents can be viewed at the locations listed below:
• Mount Shasta Branch Library, 515 E Alma Street, Mt Shasta, California 96067, (530) 926-2031; Call for hours.
• City of Mt. Shasta, 305 N. Mt. Shasta Boulevard, Mt. Shasta, California 96067, (530) 926-7510, Monday - Friday, 9:00 am. to 4 p.m., http://mtshastaca.gov/contact/
• DTSC Sacramento Regional Office, 8800 Cal Center Drive, Sacramento, California 95826, (916) 255-3758; Call for an appointment.
• Or on the DTSC website: http://www.envirostor.dtsc.ca.gov/public
DTSCT CONTACT INFORMATION: If you would like more information about the Site, please call the following:
• Duane White, Project Manager, (916) 255-3585, Duane.White@dtsc.ca.gov
• Tammy Pickens, Public Participation Specialist, (916) 255-3594, 1-866-495-5651, Tammy.Pickens@dtsc.ca.gov
• Sandy Nax, Public Information Officer, (916) 327-6114, Sandy.Nax@dtsc.ca.gov
8261 msan de5,12c