My name is Larry Auxter. My pretty wife Angie and I would like to nominate John Zanni for Citizen of the Year. We feel he is worthy of this honor and is an all around nice guy. If my fellow citizens of Mt. Shasta feel the same way, would you please go to the Chamber of Commerce and complete a nomination form. The deadline is April 30.
John was born and raised in Mt. Shasta and below is a list of some of his accomplishments.
Thank you for you support.
• 30 years on MS Fire Dept
• Chairman of the Doug Hansen Memorial Scholarship
• Former Vice President of the MS Firefighters Association
• MS Fireworks show assistant for several years
• Member MS Elks Lodge for 21 years and Elk of the Year
• Over 20 years working in the MS 4th of July Beer Booth
• Former President of the south Siskiyou Men’s softball Assoc.
• Secured donations for Youth Hockey Fundraiser
• 32 years at MS Parks and Recreation District
• Oversees maintenance of Siskiyou Ice Rink for 19 years
• Raised approximately $40,000 in various events in the last 20+ years