Dunsmuir comes together every Second Saturday to offer food, art, and culture. Here’s what’s happening this Saturday, March 14 in Dunsmuir:
• Bite this Chew on That Pet Store will offer nail clipping for your pet for $10.
• Enjoy a Second Saturday Prix Fixe Special at Café Maddalena’s, which will include butter lettuce with champagne vinaigrette, beef bourguignon and a meyer lemon tart with whipped cream. The meal will cost $32. You can complement it with a glass of Provenance Vineyards Merlot for $40.
• Take advantage of The Parisian Special at the The Dough Hook. It includes a plain baguette, a pastry of your choice from the case, and a medium coffee for $7.
• Listen to classical guitarist The Lone Arranger from 1 to 3 p.m. and singer songwriter guitar player Allison Scull from 4:30 to 6 p.m. at the Dunsmuir Brewery.
• Buy a Dunsmuir coffee cup for $4.99 (instead of $5.99) at the Dunsmuir Hardware Store.
• Get a dollar off on your deli sandwiches at the Dunsmuir Supermarket from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Check out the book sale at the Dunsmuir Library from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Magic Mountain Massage & Wellness will offer a free foot scrub or aroma therapy treatment when you buy a table massage that day, as well as 20% off on any clothes. They are offering Yin Yoga at noon and Hot Stone Restorative Yoga at 1:30 p.m.
• Mossbrae Hotel will host an art reception with the artist, sculptor and jewelry designer Chen Compton from 3 to 7 p.m. Rick Garrett will play latin fingerstyle guitar from 5 to 7 p.m. Handmade chocolate truffles by Pyroclastic Chocolate will available for purchase. Hors d’hoeuvres and room tours will be offered.
• Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and get a shamrock tattoo from Olde Thyme Tattoos
• Enjoy a pot luck and musical soiree with Andre Mottershead and Friends from 6 to 10 pm at Pops Performing Arts & Cultural Center. Andre Mottershead and Friends will include Bill Owens, Paula Reynolds, David Blink, Steve & Kate Bachmann, John Robertson, Jeremy Price and Amanda Thomas. $5 to $10 donation at the door.
• Drink green beer at Spirits Bar from noon to midnight.
• Siskiyou Arts Museum will be hosting an art reception entitled Into the Unknown from 5 to 7 p.m. Mother and daughter artists explore the experience of setting off into the unknown in life, whether through physical displacement or through psychologically venturing into the unknown. Refreshments will be provided.
• Indulge in Sten’s Burger’s newest entrée, fish and chips.
• The Ted Fay Fly Shop will be paying your sales tax with any purchase in their store on Dunsmuir Second Saturday.
• Enjoy dinner and play community games at The Wheelhouse at 6:30 p.m.
For more information, visit dunsmuirsecondsaturday.com.