How To Find The Bars That Women Love
A new iPhone app called Jetpac City Guides will appear in the iPhone store on December 5. It tells you all about the best places in every city to hit, based on analyzing millions of Instagram photos.
We've been playing with a preview of it and really like it.
It uses some pretty cool big data technology to look at the photos, understand what's going on in them (are people smiling? what are they wearing?) and match them to their GPS locations.
From that, the app tells you, city by city things like:
- The bars women love (based on how many photos of smiling women taken there).
- Where foodies eat and drink
- The best coffee shops
- Where music lovers hang out
- Hikes tourists don't know about
- Restaurants with the best views
- Dog-friendly places
- Best places for kids
- And (one of our favorites), hipster hangouts, based on pictures of guys dressed hipster style or sporting hipster mustaches.
For instance, from the app we learned that ...
The No. 1 bar that women love in San Francisco is Ace Wasabi's Rock-N-Roll Sushi.
The top restaurant where people take photos of their food in Manhattan is the Terakawa Ramen noodle house.
The favorite hangout for hipsters in Denver is a breakfast spot called Snooze.
- Why Brands Should Double Down On A Single Social Network, Rather Than Trying A Scattershot Approach
- Insanely Popular Game QuizUp Was Caught Leaking Private Info About Its Users
- Social Media Is Becoming THE Place For Video Discovery, And That's Great News For Brands