Today's News: Our Take - Did Ryan Lochte Turn Down The Bachelor?
It's a rough week to be Ryan Lochte.
In a recent interview with E! Online, the Olympian said he turned down offers to appear on The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars. "I was like, 'Why don't I just have my own reality TV show, and just put it all in there myself?' Do it my own way."
However, ABC executive Robert Mills, who oversees development and production of reality programming such as The Bachelor, quickly rebuffed Lochte's claim. "Uhhh...you were never offered Bachelor," he wrote on Twitter Tuesday shortly after the interview was posted.
The denial from ABC couldn't come at a worse time for Lochte, whose new E! reality show failed to make a splash with viewers. What Would Ryan Lochte Do? premiered to a 0.4 share - or 807,000 households on Sunday night, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The one bright spot? The lion's share of those viewers was in the coveted 18-49 group. "I'm always a swimmer first, but I want to use this time because it's mine to be more famous," Lochte told TVGuide.com last week of his new show.
Did you watch What Would Ryan Lochte Do? Do you want to see Lochte on The Bachelor?
Other Links From TVGuide.com