5 Things to Do This Weekend (June 5-7)
Here are five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. The big movies opening this weekend are “Entourage,” an R comedy based on the hit HBO TV show; “Spy,” an R comedy starring Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne, Jude Law and Jason Statham; and “Insidious: Chapter 3,” a PG-13 horror movie in this franchise.
2. Friday is the start of something delicious: Doughnut Day. Doughnut Day, which generally takes place on Friday and Saturday, is a time to celebrate the delightful pastry. Go out and buy some doughnuts, or try your hand at making your own.
3. The Belmont Stakes take place Saturday, and American Pharoah is running for a shot at history - a win would make him the first Triple Crown winner since 1978. TV coverage begins at 4:30 p.m. EDT on NBC, with the race scheduled for 6:52 p.m. EDT.
4. The Tony Awards take place Sunday night, with Kristin Chenoweth and Alan Cumming hosting. The fun begins at 8 p.m. EDT on CBS. To make it really interesting, hold a contest to see who can guess the most winners. The official Tony website - http://www.tonyawards.com - has all the nominees.
5. NBA and NHL finals action takes place this weekend. Check the newspaper for game times. If you need more sports in your life, MLB and MLS have games all weekend long.
More Content Now