5 Things to Do This Weekend (June 19-21)
Here are five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. The big movies opening this weekend are “Inside Out,” a PG animated flick from Pixar that’s getting great buzz; and “Dope,” an R comedy-drama.
2. The Women’s World Cup continues this weekend, with second-round action kicking off Saturday. Check out the schedule at http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/schedule?competition=14. Cheer on the U.S. at a soccer bar if you have a chance - there’s nothing like it!
3. Juneteenth is Friday. The day celebrates the freeing of slaves in the U.S. The day is an official observance in many states, and many towns hold activities as well. Check around to see what’s going on this year.
4. Summer officially begins on Sunday, so celebrate the summer solstice with a picnic or other kind of party. If it’s supposed to be hot, make plans for a water-based event, and don’t forget the sun tea and lemonade for refreshment!
5. With kids out of school and probably looking for something to do, now is a good time to visit the library and/or a bookstore and get them loaded up on good books. Reading helps keep kids learning, and it’s fun, too.
More Content Now