Calendar of Events updated Nov. 11, 2009
Wed., Nov. 11
• ‘Vaccine Nation’ -- A film by Gary Null, PhD, 6:30 p.m., Stage Door, downtown Mount Shasta. While following a legal case revolving around vaccinations in a very real tragedy, the dangers and deceptions surrounding vaccines are exposed. Roundtable discussion will follow. Donations are requested. Hosted by Mt. Shasta HOPE.
• Course in Miracles -- Study group, 6:30 p.m., Mount Shasta. Info: 938-1528.
• Free yoga class -- Wednesdays (through December) 9:15 to 10:30 a.m., Shasta Yoga Center, 201 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. Info: 926-2523.
• Senior day -- Snip ‘N Save offers 25 percent off for all seniors, age 55 and older each Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 315 Chestnut Street in Mount Shasta. All proceeds support the Siskiyou Spay Neuter Program. Info: 926-0400.
Motorcycle meeting -- Siskiyou Lady Riders chapter of Women in the Wind monthly meeting, 6:30 p.m., Black Butte Saloon, Main Street, Weed. Plans for outings and safety discussed. All lady motorcyclists are encouraged to attend. Info: 926-0877.
Spiritual talk -- Writer-filmmaker Joel Leskowitz of Ashland, is offering two free public talks about his experience with meditation, ascension, etc. at 2 and 7 p.m. at Shasta Yoga Center, 201 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd.
Veterans Day service -- 11 a.m., Living Memorial Sculpture Garden located one mile north of Road A12 on Highway 97. Honor Guard and Gun Salute by Marine Corps League, Siskiyou Detachment 936. Innovation and benediction by Robert Menzies. Taps by Dr. Scott Durbin. Those wishing to be seated must bring chairs.
Thurs., Nov. 12
• Health consultations -- With herb specialist Sandy Patterson, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sereni-tea, 319 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. No charge. Info: 926-1688.
• Chamber meeting -- Mount Shasta Chamber of Commerce general membership meeting, noon, Lalo’s Restaurant, Mount Shasta. Program: “State of the City” presented by Tim Stearns.
• Neuropathy meeting -- Yreka Group Neuropathy meeting, Meadowlark Assisted Living, 2:30 p.m., 351 Bruce Street, Yreka. Features demonstration of Rebuilder machine. Info: 842-1125.
Free HIV testing -- Siskiyou County Public Health and Community Development is offering free rapid oral HIV testing at 411 Ski Village Drive, Suite C, Mount Shasta. For appointment: 926-4588, 841-2136 or 1-800-442-2333. Testing will also be offered on Dec. 10.
Fri., Nov. 13
• Book signing -- Author Pamela Prime, Nov. 13, 6 to 8 p.m., The Secret Garden, 219 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. Prime is the author of “When the Moon is Dark, You can see the Stars.”
Prime has traveled the globe giving retreats and workshops rooted in the Sacred Feminine. She now shares her innate mysticism with others. Although her spiritual journey has been rooted in Catholicism, her message is a reflection of many faiths. Tea and cookies will be served. Info: 926-3228.
• Volunteers wanted -- The River Exchange is seeking volunteers for a native plant greenhouse project. Students earn community service credits. Info: 235-2012.
Nov. 13 and 14
• Ravioli sale fundraiser -- Friday and Saturday, Nov. 13, 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Nov. 14, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., First Baptist Church, 812 Lassen Lane, Mount Shasta. Raviolis made by “the three amicos” — Scott Ferrari, Michelle Stock and Frank Melo, plus some other helpers too. Cost: $6 per dozen, includes sauce. For each 10 dozen purchased, you get one free dozen. Checks written out to Siskiyou Christian School. Pre-orders appreciated: 918-9522. Proceeds help to keep Siskiyou Christian School open.
Sat., Nov. 14
• Powder stomp -- Shasta Disabled Sports 2nd annual Powder Stomp, 7 p.m., Mount Shasta City Park, lower lodge. Patagonia film “Signatures” shown at 7:30 p.m. featuring local skier Forrest Coots. Plus live music, dancing and Patagonia gear garage sale. Beer, wine and snacks available. Admission: $12.
• Movie night -- Sportsmen’s Den Hope for Snow Movie Night, 6 p.m., downtown Mount Shasta. Free viewing of Burton’s B Movie and That’s It That’s All will be projected on the side of the store. Bring lawn chairs. Free raffle prizes. Join in a Snow Dance. Info: 926-2295.
• Historical Society meeting -- Siskiyou County Historical Society general meeting, 2 p.m., Siskiyou County Museum, conference room, 912 S. Main Street, Yreka.
Jim Pruitt of Alameda will present a program about the strike of immigrants that took place in McCloud in 1909. The public is invited to attend. Refreshments will be served.
Contra dance -- Siskiyou Snow Dog Sporting Association’s 2nd annual Contra Dance and Auction fundraiser, 6 to 10 p.m., Mount Shasta High School gym. Begins with reception and viewing of live auction items and silent auction items bidding. Contra dancing lesson, 6:30 p.m.; dance, 7 p.m. Tickets available at the door: $10, each; $15, couples; $25, families.
To donate auction items: 598-0466; for pickup, 467-3009. Proceeds benefit the 2010 Siskiyou Sled Dog Races scheduled for Jan. 22-24. To volunteer or for info call the above numbers.
Holiday dinner dance -- Yreka Chamber of Commerce 16th annual Holiday Dinner Dance, 5:30 p.m. Includes silent auction, dessert auction and raffles.
Sun., Nov. 15
• Turkey Bingo -- Hosted by Dunsmuir Fraternal Order of Eagles, noon, Eagles Hall, 5941 Sacramento Avenue, Dunsmuir. All players have the opportunity to win a turkey. Info: 235-4313.
• Dancing and bowling -- Fundraiser for Weed High School’s wrestling team, 9:30 p.m., Cedar Lanes bowling alley, 139 Main Street, Weed. Tickets: $10, available at Sportsmen’s Den in Mount Shasta and Weed High School. For ages 18 and under. Chaperoned. Info: 938-1480.
Nov. 16 and 17
CPR and first aid -- American Red Cross Community CPR and First Aid Class, 6 p.m. both days, Chapter Headquarters, 1000 S. Main Street, Yreka. CPR/AED Certificate good for one year. First Aid Certificate good for three years. Info: 842-4476.
• Operation Christmas Child -- First Baptist Church, 812 Lassen Lane, Mount Shasta, will serve as a collection point for shoe box gifts for children in more than 100 countries suffering from natural disaster, war, terrorism, disease, famine and poverty. Suggested items: school supplies, toys, necessity items, hard candy, letters of encouragement, etc.
Collection dates and hours: Monday through Thursday, Nov. 16-19, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Friday, Nov. 20, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Saturday, Nov. 21, 9 a.m. to noon; Sunday, Nov. 22, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Info: (714) 432-7030 or www.samaritanspurse.org
Tue., Nov. 17
• Book sale -- Snip ‘N Save offers a 1/2 off book sale each Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 315 Chestnut Street in Mount Shasta. All proceeds support the Siskiyou Spay Neuter Program. Info: 926-0400.
Media council meeting -- Siskiyou Media Council - MCTV15 holds its monthly orientation meeting on the third Tuesday monthly, 7 to 9 p.m., College of the Siskiyous, LRC 2, television studio, Weed. The public is invited to learn about opportunities available for volunteers to support its mission, learn new technology skills, assist in TV production, host shows, etc. Refreshments served. Info: 938-5910 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wed., Nov. 18
• Ski team registration -- Mt. Shasta Ski and Freeride teams registration/information meeting, 6 p.m., Say Cheese Pizza, Mount Shasta. Coaches and representatives of both teams will be available to discuss programs and answer questions. Info: www.mtshastaracing.com
SIR meeting -- Sons In Retirement Branch 154 regular meeting, 11 a.m., Lalo’s Restaurant, Mount Shasta. Luncheon cost: $12, plus tip. Speaker: John Schuller, retired Air Force pilot and former airspace manager at Beale Air Force Base. He is involved in the coordination of international high altitude unmanned reconnaissance flights. All retired men are invited to attend and consider joining the club. Info: 926-6511, 926-5330 or visit www.mountshastasirs.org
• See’s candy sale -- Kiwanis annual holiday fundraiser runs Nov. 19 through Dec. 24 at the Kiwanis trailer in Weed Ray’s Food Place parking lot and at ECI Flooring, 130 Morgan Way (next to Do-It-Best) in Mount Shasta. Volunteers will sell Nov. 19-28 (except Sunday and Thanksgiving Day).
December sales will be Thursday through Saturday each week, plus Monday through Thursday before Christmas. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Info: 859-5416.
Wheat-gluten allergy support -- Group meets from 6 to 8 p.m. at Lynnie’s Bakery, 5345 Dunsmuir Ave., Dunsmuir. Includes sharing of recipes; gluten free product sources; and discussion of gluten intolerance. Info: 842-2662 or 938-2637 (leave daytime phone number).
Town-wide open house -- 4 to 7 p.m. at participating Mount Shasta businesses. Edibles and discounts provided. Shoppers will have an opportunity to win a gift certificate for their favorite business(es).
Service of Chant -- And meditation in the Style of Taize, 7 p.m., St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, 507 Pine Street, Mount Shasta. Interfaith service of sung prayer and silence. All are welcome. Info: 926-5720.
Railroad display -- Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dunsmuir Railroad Display Room, adjacent to Amtrak Depot. Featuring historic locomotive photos, railroad memorabilia and equipment. Info: 235-0929.
Pancake breakfast -- Mt. Shasta Fire District’s Pancake Breakfast fundraiser, 7 a.m. to noon, 600 Michelle Drive, Mount Shasta. Cost: $6, adults; $5, seniors and kids under 8. Raffle tickets for truck load of wood available at the door. Proceeds go towards a new engine. Info: 926-0702.
• Course in Miracles -- Study group, 6:30 p.m., Mount Shasta. Info: 938-1528.
• Thanksgiving dinner -- Mount Shasta’s annual free Thanksgiving Day Dinner, Mount Shasta City Park. All members of the community are invited. Dinners delivered to those homebound by calling 926-5986.
To volunteer: 926-1266, evenings and weekends. To donate coats, sweaters, warm clothing, blankets or shoes: 926-4027. Send donation checks to Thanksgiving Meal, C/O PO Box 1289, Mount Shasta, CA 96067 or call 926-1762.
Thanksgiving dinner -- Weed’s annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner, 1 to 3 p.m., Weed Mercantile Mall, 590 Main Street. Serving turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls and dessert. Everyone is welcome. Deliveries made to those unable to attend. Donations gratefully accepted for turkeys or desserts. For info, to donate, or dinner deliveries: 938-3229. Sponsored by Weed Revitalization Coalition and Weed Rotary Club.
• Shopping contest -- Shop McCloud First Holiday Shopping Contest begins. Enter to win one of two prizes, each worth $350. Contest ends Christmas Day. Info: 964-3423 or visit the McCloud Local First booth at McCloud’s Dog and Pony Show Parade on Nov. 28. (See below).
• Over-eaters Anonymous -- Mt. Shasta Over-eaters Anonymous 12-Step Group meets Fridays (beginning Nov. 27) from 4:40 to 5:45 p.m. at Alta Vista Manor, large recreation room near office, 625 Marjorie Street, Mount Shasta. A spiritual program which follows Over-eaters anonymous guidelines and 12-step literature. All are welcome to stay for informal discussing of diets or general socializing. No fee requested; donations are welcome. Info: (530) 925-1080.
• Dog and pony parade -- McCloud’s 3rd annual Dog and Pony Show Parade, noon, Main Street. Registration, 10:30 a.m. Pets, costumes, stick ponies and other creations are invited. Includes photos with Santa, Siskiyou Arts Council Art Bus workshop for kids, Sparky the Dog, wreath making class, 1 to 3 p.m., free hot apple cider. Info: 964-2662.
Fundraising concert -- Mount Shasta Fire District’s Summer in the Fall fundraising concert, 5:30 p.m., Mount Shasta High School. Featuring Summer Schappell and the Wild Side Band. Opening attraction by Stereotype.
Tickets: $15 each; $10 with student ID, available at the door and 600 Michelle Drive, Mount Shasta. Info: 261-0376 or www.summerschappell.com
Parade entries sought -- Yreka Chamber of Commerce is seeking entries for its annual Yreka Holiday Parade scheduled for Nov. 28 (rain, snow or shine).
The chamber encourages businesses, individuals, schools, churches and service clubs to participate. No entry fee. Entry deadline is Nov. 20. Info: 842-1649.
Sun., Nov. 29
Trader’s co-op -- 1 to 4 p.m., The Flying Lotus, 315-A S. Mt. Shasta Blvd.(upstairs) in Mount Shasta. Exchange your homemade, grown or crafted goods and services with others in the community. Info: 926-6836 or 926-0527.
• Girls softball meeting -- Siskiyou Heat Girls Softball League monthly meeting, 6:30 p.m., old Gil’s Farm and Garden building, 1301 S. Main Street, Yreka. Includes board member elections and coaching information. Info: 842-2380.
Tree lighting -- Lake Shastina’s 4th annual Christmas Tree Lighting, 6:30 p.m., Community Services Department Administration Center, Big Springs and Everhart Drive. Christmas caroling until Santa arrives in fire truck. Hot dogs and warm chocolate offered by Lake Shastina Volunteer Fire Department.
• Tree lighting -- Dunsmuir Christmas Tree Lighting, 6 p.m., Upper Pine Street and Dunsmuir Avenue. Community sing-a-long plus Dunsmuir Garden Club will serve hot apple cider and cookies.
• SMA Christmas party -- Siskiyou Motorcycle Association’s annual Christmas Party and Chinese Auction, Sons of Italy Hall, Clay Street in Weed. For ages 21 and over only. Doors open at 5 p.m.; tri-tip/chicken dinner ($10) served at 6 p.m.; followed by Chinese auction, raffle prizes and 2010 Harley Dyna drawing. Bar drinks available.
Admission: $10 or a new unwrapped toy of same value (no stuffed animals). Proceeds go to Christmas gifts for needy Siskiyou County youth. Info: 938-4226.
Holiday tasting and boutique -- Fairchild Medical Center Scott Valley Guild’s Holiday Tasting Event and Boutique, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Porcupine Gulch Ranch, Gazelle (off I-5, take Louie Road east, go 2-1/4 miles).
Decadent tasting of chocolate and truffles, wine, cheese, coffee, tea, beer and goodies. Antiques from Heritage House for sale plus boutique and food items. Raffles and door prizes.
Tickets: $20, available at the door; in Mount Shasta at My Favorite Things; in Yreka at Village Grind, Fairchild Medical Center gift shop, chamber of commerce. Proceeds benefit Fairchild Medical Center and scholarships. Info: 467-5700.
• Gala and dinner -- Dunsmuir Chamber of Commerce 60th anniversary gala celebration and dinner, 6 p.m., Sengthong’s Restaurant, Dunsmuir. Guest of honor: Vic Petrovic, found of chamber.
Menu: prime rib or wild salmon, $25; chicken or vegetarian summer rolls with tofu, $22; includes salad, entree, dessert and coffee, tea or soda. Tax and tip included. Limited seating. Tickets must be pre-purchased by Dec. 1.
Dunsmuir Business of the Year announced, chamber volunteers recognized, 2010 board of directors introduced, and the city council honored. Tickets/info: 235-2177.
• Course in Miracles -- Study group, 6:30 p.m., Mount Shasta. For information: 938-1528.
Free HIV testing -- Siskiyou County Public Health and Community Development is offering free rapid oral HIV testing at 411 Ski Village Drive, Suite C, Mount Shasta. For appointment: 926-4588, 841-2136 or 1-800-442-2333.
• Christmas luncheon -- Lake Shastina Ladies Golf Club Christmas Luncheon, 11:30 a.m., Dos Amigos Restaurant, E. Vista Drive, Weed. Cost: $15 per person, includes buffet and tip. Info: 938-2325.
• Indicates new listing.
American Legion -- Chula Unit 92 meets 1st Monday monthly, 7 p.m., American Legion Hall Annex, McCloud.
Al-Anon family group -- 7 p.m., Church of the Nazerene, 415 Evergreen Lane, Yreka.
McCloud senior van -- Senior citizens of McCloud can catch the Senior Van to the Mount Shasta Senior Nutrition Center for bingo and lunch. Pick-up, 10:15 a.m. at McCloud Community Resource Center, 304 West Minnesota Ave. Info: 964-3250.
Mount Shasta Lions Club -- Meets 1st and 3rd Monday monthly, spring through fall. November through April, 1st Monday monthly. No meeting in December. Meetings held at 6 p.m. at The Tree House, 111 Morgan Way, Mount Shasta. Visitors welcome; 926-3982.
Senior exercise class -- Senior women exercise class, 10 a.m., Dunsmuir Recreation Building. Classes are also held on Wed. and Fri.; 235-2816 or 235-4309.
Helmet safety class -- Offered by Weed Community Resource Center, 720 S. Davis Ave., Suite A, Weed. By appointment, 938-2426.
Peace meetings -- Women Building Bridges for Peace meet 2nd and 4th Mon. evenings, monthly, call for time and location; 926-3417 or 926-6836.
Children’s story hour -- For ages 2 to 8; 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Mount Shasta library; 926-1400.
Railroad breakfast -- A get together for retired and working railroad crews out of Dunsmuir. Meet last Mon. monthly, 10 a.m., Tree House, Mount Shasta.
Narcotics Anonymous -- 7 p.m., 312 Alma St., Mount Shasta; pager: 842-7502.
Motorcycle meeting -- CMA Siskiyou Servants business meeting, Tuesday before the 1st Saturday monthly, 6 p.m., Purple Plum Restaurant, Yreka; 938-0601.
Siskiyou Adult School -- 4 to 8 p.m., Jefferson High School, 720 Rockfellow Dr., Mount Shasta. Earn high school diploma or study for GED. Enrollment open at any point during 2009-2010 school year; 926-0425.
Al-Anon family group -- For women only. 3 p.m., Dunsmuir Library, 5714 Dunsmuir Avenue, Dunsmuir.
Media council meeting -- Siskiyou Media Council/MCTV15 orientation meeting and training, 3rd Tuesday monthly, 7 p.m., MCTV studio, Learning Resource building, College of the Siskiyous, Weed; 938-5910.
Story time -- 10:30 to 11 a.m., McCloud Library. McCloud Community Resource Center invites parents and their children for stories and art projects; 964-3250.
Siskiyou Golden Seniors -- Meets 1st Tuesday monthly. Call 938-3588 for meeting time and location.
Rotary -- Mount Shasta Rotary Club meets weekly, 12:15 p.m., Lalo’s Restaurant, 520 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta; 926-6122.
AA Women’s Group -- Noon, Kids’ Factory, 4103 Pine Street, Dunsmuir; 235-4005.
Alcoholics Anonymous -- 7 to 8 p.m., Lake Shastina Community Center, 15244 Driftwood Lane, Lake Shastina; 1-800-680-8955.
Book sale -- Snip ‘n Save variety store, 1/2 off book sale, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 315 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
Toddler playgroup -- Facilitated by an Early Childhood professional. Join parents and their children aged 0-5. From 10 a.m. to noon, Kids’ Factory, 4103 Pine St., Dunsmuir; 235-4005.
Women veterans -- Women Veterans of Northern California meet 1st Tue. monthly, noon, Round Table Pizza, Mount Shasta. Open to all female veterans, any era, any country.
Siskiyou Domestic Violence and Crisis Center -- Peer group counseling session, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 209 Third St., Yreka; 842-6629 or hotline, 1-877-842-4068.
Free yoga class -- 9:15 to 10:30 a.m., Shasta Yoga Center, 201 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta (through December); 926-2523.
Movement and music class -- For toddlers and their parents, 10 a.m., Mount Shasta Community Resource Center, 109 E. Lake Street, Mount Shasta. Fee: $10 per class, includes snack. Sponsored by Siskiyou Arts Bus Project and supported by Siskiyou Arts Council; 859-2309.
Genealogy library -- LDS Church, 214 Adams Dr., Mount Shasta. Open Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m.; Thursdays, noon to 4 p.m.; and Sundays, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Help with genealogical needs. Free. Other times by appointment: 926-0776.
Genealogy research -- The Genealogical Society of Siskiyou County Research Center, 912 S. Main Street in Yreka is open 4 to 8 p.m. on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday monthly. Staff available to help with research problems; 842-0277.
Craft and story time -- For young children, 1 to 2 p.m., Dunsmuir Library, Dunsmuir. Snacks and complimentary book provided for each child; 235-2035 or 235-4005.
A Course in Miracles -- Study group, call 938-1528.
Chess club -- Mount Shasta Chest Club meets 6 p.m., George Washington Manor, 1020 Kingston Rd., Mount Shasta. Round Robin Tournament; 926-3608.
Laughter Yoga Club -- Meets 9 to 9:55 a.m., The Wellness Center, 633 Lassen Lane, Mount Shasta. Combines laughter exercises with yogic breathing. Free; 926-4770 or www.practicelaughter.com
Women in Business Breakfast -- Meets 1st Wed. monthly, 8:30 a.m., Woodsman Hotel, 1121 S. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta. Forum for local business women to meet, network and exchange information; 926-1035 or 261-1617.
Helmet safety class -- Offered by Weed Community Resource Center, 720 S. Davis Ave., Suite A, Weed. By appointment, 938-2426.
Toddler playgroup -- 10 to 11 a.m., Weed Community Resource Center, 720 S. Davis Ave., Suite A, Weed. For ages 0-5 and parents/caretakers. Age-appropriate activities, games, crafts, story time, and more; 938-2426.
Toddler play group -- 1 to 2:30 p.m., McCloud Community Resource Center, 304 W. Minnesota Ave., McCloud. For parents and children and siblings, birth to 5 years. Arts and crafts, story time, music and interactive play. Refreshments available; 964-3250.
Relationship support -- Relationship Support Group for Women, 2:30 to 4 p.m., Mount Shasta Resource Center Annex, 107 East Alma St.; 926-1400.
Senior day -- Snip-n-Save variety store, Senior Day special, 25 percent off, age 62 or older. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 315 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
Buddhist meditation instruction -- 6:30 p.m. at Shasta Abbey; 926-4208.
New mom’s support -- Group meets 1st and 3rd Wed., 10 to noon, Mt. Shasta Community Resource Center, 432 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Suite B, Mount Shasta. Share challenges, questions and celebrations with new moms. Dads are welcome; 926-1400.
Amateur radio -- Mt. Shasta Amateur Radio Club weekly informal radio net meets on the air, 7 p.m. The 2-meter net is conducted on the club’s repeater, 146.88 mHz no PL. Net control is Larry Marks, W6VTJ (Whiskey six Victor Tango Juliet.). Amateur radio operators with license and within reach of repeater are invited.
Parent support group -- Problem-solve issues of parenting, 1 to 2 p.m., Kids’ Factory, 4103 Pine St., Dunsmuir; 235-4005. Free.
Rotary -- Dunsmuir Rotary Club meets weekly, 7:05 a.m., Hitchin’ Post Restaurant, Dunsmuir; 235-2786.
Republicans -- Siskiyou County Republican Central Committee meet 3rd Wed. monthly. Dinner, 6 p.m.; business meeting, 7 p.m.; 926-4575 or 842-4400.
Narcotics Anonymous -- 7 p.m., Grace Presbyterian Church, 1090 N. Davis Ave., Weed. Call pager, 842-7502.
Masonics -- Siskiyou Masonic Lodge #297 meet 1st Wed. monthly, 7 p.m., Mount Shasta Community Building, 629 Alder St.; 926-2419.
Bridge club -- Mount Shasta Duplicate Bridge Club, 7 p.m., Mount Shasta City Park recreation building. Visitors welcome; 926-2767.
St. Anthony bingo -- 6:15 p.m., doors open, 5:30 p.m., St. Anthony Parish Hall, Mount Shasta.
Wheat-gluten allergy support -- Group meets 3rd Thursday in November, 6 to 8 p.m., Lynnie’s Bakery, 5345 Dunsmuir Ave., Dunsmuir. Sharing of recipes; gluten free product sources; discussion of gluten intolerance; 842-2662 or 938-2637 (leave daytime phone number).
Ladies Night -- 7 p.m., Cedar Lanes and Ten Pin Sport Bar, 137 Main Street, Weed. Free bowling and half priced drinks for ladies only; 938-3278.
Thursday walking group -- 8:30 to 10 a.m. Meet at McCloud Community Resource Center. Slow walkers and all ages welcome; 964-3250.
Al-Anon family group -- 7 p.m., Eskaton George Washington Manor, multi-use room, Building 6, 1020 Kingston Road, Mount Shasta; 859-1303, 1-888-425-266 or www.al-anon.alateen.org
Order of Eastern Star -- Meets 2nd and 4th Thursday monthly at the Masonic Hall, 629 Alder Street, Mount Shasta. 6 p.m., refreshments; 7 p.m., meeting; 261-0023.
Catholics Invited Home -- 7 p.m., St. Anthony’s Hall, Pine Street, Mount Shasta. For non-practicing Catholics. To pre-register: 926-2584 or 926-4477.
Pajama story hour -- 1st Thurs. monthly, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Mount Shasta library. Stories and activities. Free books and snacks provided. Wear your pajamas; 926-1400.
Friends of the Library -- Mount Shasta Branch Library meets 2nd Thurs. monthly, 7 p.m., 515 E. Alma Street, Mount Shasta. All are invited to attend; 926-3221.
Kirtan chanting -- In call-and-response style. Led by Sahadev. Info: 235-0554.
Metal detecting -- Siskiyou County Relic and Recovery Club meets 1st Thurs. monthly, 7 p.m., Denny’s Restaurant, Yreka; 435-2461.
Off-road riding -- Siskiyou County Off-Road Riders meet 3rd Thurs. monthly, 6:30 p.m., Yreka Extreme Sports, 1101 S. Main St., Yreka. A non-profit organization promoting safe and responsible family oriented off road riding; 938-4256 or 459-5306.
Kids clothes -- Snip-n-Save variety store, Kids Clothes -1/2 off special, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 315 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
Rotary -- Weed Rotary Club meets weekly, 12:15 p.m., Dos Amigos Restaurant, 176 Vista Dr., Weed; 938-0359.
Brown bag for seniors -- Shasta Senior Nutrition Food Bank brown bag distributions, 1st Thurs. monthly, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Weed Mercantile Mall; 938-3229.
Al-Anon meeting -- 12 step support group for family and friends of alcoholics, 7 p.m., Eskaton President George Washington Manor, 1020 Kingston Rd., Manor 2, recreation room (upper parking lot) Mount Shasta; 859-1303.
Bingo in McCloud -- American Legion Hall in McCloud. Doors open, 5:30 p.m.; early birds, 6:30 p.m., (530) 859-0568.
Square dance -- Dudes and Daisies Square Dance Club meets at Mount Shasta City Park, Dudes and Daisies Lodge. Beginning workshop, 7 p.m.; Mainstream and plus, 8 p.m.; 926-3959.
Medicine Buddha session -- 5 to 6 p.m., 1520 Shasta Acres Rd., Mount Shasta. All are welcome for meditation and chanting. To add a name to prayer list or to participate: (530) 859-1007; 926-1271. Sponsored by Mount Shasta Friends of Tibetan Culture (www.mountshastafriendsoftibetanculture.org).
Energy exercise class -- Polarity Energy Exercises, 4 to 4:50 p.m., The Wellness Center, 633 Lassen Lane, Mount Shasta. Instructor: Micah Dobush. Free; 926-1447.
Bargain day -- Snip-n-Save variety store, Let’s Make a Deal Day, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 1st Friday monthly, 315 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
Kiwanis -- Weed/Lake Shastina Kiwanis Club meets weekly, 12:15 p.m., Dos Amigos Restaurant, 176 Vista Dr., Weed; 938-2218.
Parkinson’s support -- Parkinson’s Support Group of Siskiyou County meets 2nd Friday monthly, 2 p.m., Lake Shastina Community Bible Church, 5826 Jackson Ranch Road. Free. Refreshments served; 938-0368 or 938-4949.
Bedding day -- Snip-n-Save variety store, bedding - 50 percent off special, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 315 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
Celebrate Recovery -- Biblically based 12-step program for those with desire to overcome habits, hurts and hang-ups. Weed Berean Church, 750 S. Weed Blvd., Weed. BBQ, 5 p.m.; main group meeting, 6 p.m.; small groups, 7 p.m.; cafe berea, 8 p.m.; 926-4021 or 938-4591.
Christian fellowship -- Game room, fellowship, and food. 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Coffee Connection, Mount Shasta. Teens welcome.
Gazelle Grange bingo -- 1st and 3rd Fri. monthly. Early birds, 6:30 p.m.; regular bingo, 7 p.m. One progressive blackout paying $250. Power ball game. Snack bar open, 5 to 8 p.m.; 435-2562 or 842-8223.
TOPS -- Take off pounds sensibly, 9:45 a.m., Mount Shasta City Park, lower lodge. Visitors welcome; 926-5374 or 926-3970.
Motorcycle meeting -- Siskiyou Motorcycle Association meets 2nd Saturday monthly, 10 a.m., Cedar Lanes bowling ally,137 Main Street, Weed; siskiyou-motorcycle-association.org
Genealogy research -- The Genealogical Society of Siskiyou County Research Center, 912 S. Main Street in Yreka is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekly (except holidays). Staff available to help with research problems; 842-0277.
Thrift store sale -- Siskiyou Humane Society Thrift Store’s $3 a bag clothing sale, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 1208 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mount Shasta (next to shelter); 926-8878.
Toddler playgroup -- 11 a.m. to noon, 1st Sat. monthly, Weed Community Resource Center, 720 S. Davis Ave., Suite A, Weed. For ages 0-5 and parents/caretakers. Age-appropriate activities, games, crafts, story time, and more; 938-2426.
Children’s art explores -- 10 to 11 a.m., 2nd Sat. monthly, Weed Community Resource Center, 720 S. Davis Ave., Suite A, Weed.
Christian fellowship -- Game room, fellowship, and food; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 to 11 p.m., Coffee Connection, Mount Shasta. Teens welcome.
Clothing bag sale -- Snip ‘N Save variety store, $3 bag sale on colored tagged clothes, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 115 Chestnut Street, Mount Shasta.
TelosNow -- Live audio broadcast on local and world issues, 1:30 to 3 p.m. Log onto telosnow.com or tune in to MCTV Channel 15.
Video Satsang -- With Gangaji, 10 a.m., 5401 Dunsmuir Ave., Dunsmuir; 235-4253.
Men’s group -- Non-religious, light hikes, drumming, potlucks and activities. Open to suggestions; 938-9566.
Celebrate worship -- 9:30 a.m., Hope Community Church, 974 Lassen Lane, Mount Shasta. Live contemporary band; 926-2847.
Buddhist services and Dharma talk -- 10:30 a.m. at Shasta Abbey; 926-4208.
Bingo -- Dunsmuir Eagles Hall, 5941 Sacramento Ave. Hall opens, noon; games start, 1 p.m.
Masons breakfast -- 1st Sun. monthly hosted by Siskiyou Masonic Lodge #297. 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Community Building, 629 Alder St., Mount Shasta.
Narcotics Anonymous -- 7 p.m., St. John’s Parish Hall, 4605 Shasta Ave., Dunsmuir. Pager: 842-7502.