Ann Romney Turns Down Dancing with the Stars
Ann Romney has been offered a spot on the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars - but she's already turned it down, according to TMZ.
"Ann Romney was approached, but she declined. She will not be appearing on Dancing with the Stars," her rep told TMZ.
Representatives from the show approached the wife of former presidential hopeful Mitt Romney shortly after the election, TMZ reports. But while she was initially "very interested" in joining the competition, she eventually opted not to, a source told the site.
During the presidential campaign, Romney said she was a huge fan of the show and even showed up to the taping of last season's finale.
Golden Globes: Who was the best-dressed? Vote now!
At the Television Critics Association winter TV previews last week, ABC Entertainment President Paul Lee told reporters the show was re-evaluating its casting in order to increase ratings for future installments.
"People love to see the journey as much as they like to see the competition," he said. "We can all remember many [seasons] of Dancing where you've had people surprise you. You never thought they could [win]."
Perhaps Cindy McCain's available?
Season 16 of Dancing with the Stars premieres Monday, March 18 at 8/7c on ABC.
View original Ann Romney Turns Down Dancing with the Stars at TVGuide.com
Other Links From TVGuide.com