5 Fun Facts About Game of Thrones' Peter Dinklage From His Playboy Interview
"I'm getting so much p---y."
Yup, that's what Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage says in the new Playboy - which seems like a totally normal thing to say ina magazine known for its photos of naked women. But he's not talking about getting lucky with the ladies; he's talking about gardening.
In a new interview, Dinklage addresses the YouTube video "Peter Dinklage Gets So Much P---y," stating, "By 'p---y' do they mean actual p---y? Or is it a metaphor, like for gardening? Because if that's the case, then yes, I've been doing a lot of gardening lately. If they mean sex, they might be getting me confused with somebody else. But if p---y means wearing old-man sweaters and watering my herb garden, then absolutely, I'm getting so much p---y." Dinklage is in fact a happily married man with a daughter.
Now that that's clear, here are four more fun facts about Dinklage from his Playboy interview:
1. Even though his Game of Thrones character Tyrion has shown some deftness with a sword, Dinklage feels anything but badass during the fight scenes. "There's a scene in the show when I chop a man's leg off from behind," he says, explaining that the stunt guy was a 70-year-old amputee. "He had one leg, so basically I just knocked out the fake leg... So to answer your question, no, I don't feel like a badass. The fight scenes are all a big lie."
2.Dinklage grew up in New Jersey, where his neighbor was Bruce Springsteen's manager. "Bruce used to come over to his house and hang out and play guitar," Dinklage says. "This was when I was two, so I don't remember any of it. My mom and dad went to a wedding at a surfboard factory, and Bruce was in the wedding band. He was about 17 years old at the time. My mom didn't think he was that great. She told me he was too loud."
3. Dinklage doesn't mind being known as a sex symbol, even if he doesn't quite believe it. "I take it with a grain of salt," he says. "They'll say, 'Oh, he's sexy,' but women still go for guys who are 6-foot-2. It's nice that people are thinking outside the box, but I don't believe it for a minute."
4. He has a scar that runs from his neck to his eyebrow due to an onstage accident when he was performing at CBGB in New York with his old band Whizzy. "I was jumping around onstage and got accidentally kneed in the temple," he says. "Blood was going everywhere. I just grabbed a dirty bar napkin and dabbed my head and went on with the show. We didn't care much at the time about personal safety."
Related Articles on TVGuide.com
- Game of Thrones Power Shift: Jaime overplays his hand
- Peter Dinklage makes a cameo on Saturday Night Live
Other Links From TVGuide.com