6 Things We Want from a Potential 'N Sync Reunion
There have been conflicting reports about whether or not 'N Sync will be reuniting at the VMAs this Sunday. And while Lance Bass seemingly shot down the rumors, we refuse to believe that is anything but a red herring used to build even more excitement when they storm the stage in all their formerly frosted-tipped, dreadlocked glory. So in the name of hope, here are the five things we want to see if when 'N Sync reunites.
1. Ridiculous outfits: Oversized windbreakers, pleather dusters, bandanas, open vests, denim - we really don't care what they wear as long as it is cheese-tastic. It's just a shame it isn't turtleneck sweater weather.
2. Carson Daly. It wouldn't be a true throwback performance if Daly weren't there to introduce theboy band. When you think of ''N Sync's peak, it's not just catchy songs and sweet dance moves, but also the screams. You know, the deafening teenage-girl squeals as Daly announced one of their videos at No. 1 or No. 2 on TRL.(Backstreet Boys occupied the other spot, duh.) More than anyone, Daly was a firsthand witness to - and, arguably, was responsible for - the guys' rise to pop immortality. Plus: He's already told us that 'N Sync is his favorite boy band.
3. Thrusting: 'N Sync had a lot of great dance moves, but one that permeated throughout many of their songs was the good ol' fashioned thrust. Whether they were humping the ground or simply the air, 'N Sync always thrusted with such conviction.( Via )
4. Cheesy use of technology: 'N Sync was there for us when we survived Y2K and bought those terrible Matrix sunglasses, so it makes sense that a lot of their performances involved some hokey use of new millennium technology. It was just a different time. And for nostalgia's sake, we're hoping they can figure out a 2013 equivalent to TV screen heads.
5. Beatboxing: The epiphany that JT could beatbox was the first sign of the Future Sex Love Icon to come. So if he won't be rocking his signature ramen hair, the least he could do was drop a few beats for us.
6. Backstreet Boys: The is the only thing more unlikely than 'N Sync really reuniting, but humor us. Their heated rivalry was a huge part of each group's career (the "Who is better?" debate still rages on), and while they were not best of friends then, various members have grown close in the past decade. So it's time to let bygones be bygones. Besides, with boy bands teaming up left and right, why not have the most super boy band of all? We just hope this BSB fan is cool with it.
What do you want from a potential 'N Sync reunion?
Other Links From TVGuide.com