Video: Doirado gets 25-30 years after pleading guilty to kidnapping, rape

Rich Harbert

A judge sentenced Evandro Doirado to 25- to 30-years in prison Thursday for the December 2005 kidnapping and rape of a young mother from Framingham. Doirado, 31, of Framingham admitted to abducting the woman and her 2-year-old son from a shopping plaza, where they were buying Christmas presents.

He admitted to raping the woman repeatedly over a three-day period as her child watched.

The woman managed to escape after alerting a Plymouth liquor store clerk that she needed help.

Plymouth police arrested Doirado outside the Pilgrim Sands Motel, where he had been holding the woman and her child at knifepoint.

Doirado pleaded guilty to 19 counts of aggravated rape, four counts of armed kidnapping with sexual assault, two counts each of indecent assault and battery on a person 14 or older and assault with a dangerous weapon and single counts of kidnapping of a child, armed assault to murder, armed robbery, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon causing serious bodily injury, larceny of a motor vehicle, larceny more than $250, use of a motor vehicle without authority and threatening.

Some of the charges stemmed from the stabbing of a man in Framingham shortly before the kidnappings.

Doirado admitted to stabbing his drug dealer in the neck after a dispute about money. He told police he thought he’d killed the man and he decided to abduct and rape a woman because he felt his life was over. He said he wanted to have some fun before he went to prison.

The victim told police Doirado threatened to kill her son if she fought him. The boy slept through some of the assaults. She wiped away the boy’s tears during others.

Superior Court Judge Carol Ball’s sentence included provisions for Doirado to serve 10 years of probation after his release. While on probation, Doirado must register as a sex offender and wear a GPS monitor. He could be held longer if deemed a sexually dangerous person and faces deportation back to Brazil as well.

Prosecutor Frank Middleton recommended a 50- to 75-year sentence. Defense attorney David Nagle asked for a 15- to 20-year sentence.

District Attorney Timothy Cruz praised the victim’s incredible strength in surviving the ordeal. “Her will to survive and to protect her child are the reason they are both alive today,” Cruz said. “There isn’t a prison sentence long enough for what this defendant did. I only hope that today’s guilty plea and sentencing provide this victim with some small measure of justice and closure.”