Take a bite out of the cost of dining out
Got less money for dining out these days? There are ways to get discounts and deals so you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at a restaurant without breaking your budget.
There’s the tried-and-true “early bird” dinner special, and don’t forget to always check on senior discounts; the age limit can be as young as 55.
Also see if the restaurant offers daily specials; ask about ordering smaller portions for lower prices, which may be healthier too; check on possible club discounts, such as for AAA members; and sign up for restaurant online clubs that e-mail you discount coupons.
More ways to save
- Timing is everything. Eat a big brunch to stay full until dinner.
- Split the meal with a dining companion or ask for a smaller portion at a lower price.
- Order the special of the day if it’s to your liking.
- Ask about senior-citizen and club discounts, such as for AAA members.
- Check on early-bird dinners and early-in-the-week specials.
- Use coupons in Sunday circulars; sign up for e-mailed coupons.
Enterprise writer Erik Potter is firstname.lastname@example.org.