Library 'superheroes' to visit local branches
Library “superheroes” George Needham and Joan Frye Williams will be returning to Siskiyou County this week to report progress on the retooling of county libraries.
“The purpose of the meetings is to open the conversation with each community about their specific options and costs for connecting to the new library backbone and answer questions about how library service is likely to change in the future,” according to a press release.
“Our aim is to move to a sustainable model for library service in Siskiyou County, in spite of the very serious budget shortfalls,” Frye Williams stated. “The new approach focuses on basic services, updates the technology, makes extensive use of volunteers and engages local communities more fully in keeping their libraries open and active.”
The meetings are open to the public, and all are invited to attend. The meeting schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, March 8?
• McCloud Library: 2:30-4:30 p.m.
• Weed Library: 6-8 p.m.
• Mount Shasta Library: 6-8 p.m.
Wednesday, March 9
• Happy Camp Library: 10 a.m.-noon
• Montague Library: 3-5 p.m.
• Yreka at Yreka City Council Chambers: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
• Dunsmuir Library: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 10
• Tulelake Library: 10 a.m.-noon
• Dorris at Butte Valley Library: 1-3 p.m.
• Fort Jones at Fort Jones Community Center: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
• Etna Library:?6:30-8:30 p.m.