A look at the Joplin tornado aftermath
5 things to know about the Joplin, Mo., tornado aftermath:
1. The death toll as of Monday morning is 89, making it the deadliest tornado in the U.S. in 60 years.
2. Searchers are looking for survivors today, and damage surveyors will determine how strong the twister was.
3. According to ABC News, there is a fear of gas explosions in the storm's aftermath and authorities are telling people not to light any cigarettes because so many gas pipes are broken, causing concern that what's left of Joplin might go up in flames.
4. FEMA assistance is on the way to Joplin. Nurses or doctors looking to help have been told to call (417) 832-9500 for the Greater Ozarks chapter of the American Red Cross.
5. More storms are forecast for the area today.