5 Things to Do This Weekend
1. It’s a big sports weekend, with the Masters Tournament being held through Sunday, and Major League Baseball kicking off its first weekend of regular-season action. TV coverage of the Masters will be practically nonstop, and plenty of baseball games will be on TV, so get yourself settled in to watch a weekend of great sports.
2. Need something to drink while you watch sports? Friday is New Beer’s Eve, an unofficial holiday that marks the end of Prohibition. People lined up outside breweries and taverns on April 6, 1933, waiting for midnight to strike so they could legally buy alcohol. Today New Beer’s Eve and the following day are days to appreciate your beverage of choice.
3. The big movies opening this week are the 3-D re-release of “Titanic” and the sequel to “American Pie,” “American Reunion,” rated R.
4. Sunday is Easter, and special church services and Easter egg hunts will abound. Check the newspaper for ways you can partake in festivities this year.
5. Sunday kicks off National Library Week, and public libraries, college libraries and more will be having special events. The theme of this year’s library week is “You belong @ your library.” Contact your local library for more information, or go to http://www.ala.org/conferencesevents/celebrationweeks/natlibraryweek.
GateHouse News Service