5 Things to Do This Weekend (April 13-15)
1. Sunday is Tax Day, but thankfully for procrastinators, taxes aren’t officially due until Tuesday. If you need to get your taxes done this weekend and want to keep the kids busy (or want to celebrate already being done), we suggest having a money-themed game night. Our top suggestion is “Monopoly,” but there are other great games – “Payday,” “Railroad Tycoon” and many others.
2. This Friday is another Friday the 13th (cue spooky music). You can celebrate the day by holding a scary movie night, reading a scary tale around a fire or whatever you can think of. Or just let us know what you think the scariest movie and book is.
3. The big movies opening this week are “The Three Stooges,” a PG comedy about the famous Stooges; “Lockout,” a PG-13 thriller; and “The Cabin in the Woods,” an R-rated horror flick.
4. One hundred years ago on April 15, the Titanic sunk and killed 1,514 people. Many libraries and museums are holding special events to mark the anniversary, so check the newspaper for listings. And if you want to watch the popular movie, you can watch it at home or in theaters – it was re-released last week as a 3-D movie.
5. If you’re in a sports mood this weekend, you have plenty of action: Baseball is in full swing, the NBA is gearing up for the playoffs, the NHL playoffs begin this weekend and all the big soccer leagues are in action. Check the newspaper for TV times, or go to the league’s official website.
GateHouse News Service