Public Notice: City Council of the City of Weed public hearings May 11, 2017

Staff Writer
Mount Shasta Herald


The City Council of the City of Weed will hold public hearings on Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. (or as soon thereafter as is practicable), in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 550 Main Street, Weed, CA 96094, to consider the following:

1. Proposed new water and sewer rates: All interested persons will be permitted to present oral and written testimony with respect to the proposed rates and methodology for the rate changes that are based on the need to generate sufficient revenues to cover the costs of system operation and maintenance, replacement, capital improvements, and principal and interest (debt service) allocated to system users.

2. Nuisance Abatement § 1160 Crestmore Avenue: All interested persons will be permitted to present oral and written testimony with respect to the public nuisance.

3. Zoning Code amendment – Accessory Dwelling Units also known as “second dwelling units”: An ordinance is proposed for introduction to amend Chapter 18.52 of the Municipal Code entitled “Secondary Dwelling Units.” The amendments are in response to recent State legislation to address constraints in local codes to encourage the development of Accessory Dwelling Units. The City of Weed is proposing changes to Chapter 18.52 to achieve compliance with State housing policy and achieve consistence with Government Code 65852.2.

3. Special Animal Permits: The City council will consider granting permits for chickens at residences at 707 Shasta Avenue, and 1450 Ieka Street.

All interested persons are invited to attend and have the right to be heard on this and any other agenda item.

The applications, staff reports, and any supporting documentation are on file at City Hall, and can be viewed on weekdays during business hours.

Written comments should be sent to the attention of Deborah Salvestrin at the City of Weed, 550 Main Street, Weed, CA 96094. Both written and verbal comments will be accepted at the public hearing.

Should any person challenge the proposals in court, that person may be limited to raising only those issues raised before the conclusion of the public hearings or in written correspondence delivered to City Hall prior to the public hearing.

/s/ Deborah Salvestrin,

City Clerk, City of Weed

7806 msan ap26c