Dunsmuir to buzz with activity Saturday
There is a lot planned for Dunsmuir’s Second Saturday event this weekend on July 11.
• Bite this Chew on That Pet Store will offer pet nail clipping from 1 to 7 p.m.
• Get a free iced coffee or iced tea at The Cornerstone Restaurant when you buy a meal from their new menu featuring Middle Eastern and American Cuisine. Free matcha or vanilla addition when you buy a smoothie.
• Indulge in the Parisian Special at The Dough Hook. It includes a plain baguette, a pastry of your choice from the case, and a medium coffee for $7.00. They will be open from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. (their new store hours).
• Dunsmuir Brewery Works is offering their special Duck Tacos. Come and enjoy them at their new outdoor garden dining area.
• At Dunsmuir Hardware, you can buy a quart of 80% of topical antiseptic for $9 for Second Saturday only. Normally it costs $11.99.
• Dwight Bailey will educate you about Early American Pressed Glass and give you tips on collectible glass at The Haven at 11:30 a.m. This pop up event will include a display of early American pressed glass, Waterford crystals and more.
• Mossbrae Hotel will feature the works of local artist Christine O’Brien in their lobby from noon to 6 p.m. Jane Rothenberg will be selling jewelry made from gemstones, other natural elements, solid copper, brass and a specialty metal called shibuichi that was originally alloyed in ancient Japan.
• Enjoy Allison and Victor’s Acoustic Soul music on the patio Pops Performing Arts & Cultural Center at 7 p.m. Entrance is by donation. In the interest of social distancing, entrance will be limited to 30 people. First come, first serve. Masks requested. Bring your own picnic.
• You’ll be able to check out a new art show entitled “Suburban Primitive” featuring works from Ron Walker & Warren Scherich at the Siskiyou Arts Museum from noon to 4 p.m.
• The Ted Fay Fly Shop will be paying your sales tax with any purchase in their store on Dunsmuir Second Saturday.
• Check out the new normal at the Wheelhouse – Philly Cheese Steaks, Meatball Sandwiches, BLTs to go and they all come in a vegan version, too.
• Come listen to a vinyl music set by DJ Chen at 5 p.m. at Wonderland Music Record Shop. They are also holding a sale which will include 15% off CDs, VHS and DVDs and 10% off t-shirts and posters and 30% off select items.
Social distancing protocols are requested in all activities. For more information, go to dunsmuirsecondsaturday.com