Boil water order in effect for some residents in Weed
The City of Weed in coordination with the Siskiyou County Emergency Operations Center distributed the following Boles Fire information Thursday morning:
• The Red Cross Shelter location is now at the Mt. Shasta Armory, 518 Everitt Memorial Hwy. The Yreka Shelter has closed;
• A boil water order remains in effect for the Weed area from Boles Creek north;
• The City of Weed is asking all residents and businesses to continue water conservation measures until further notice;
• The City of Weed is in the process of developing information for fire debris safe removal and redevelopment;
• Pacific Power is testing transformers and restoring power to affected areas as quickly as safely possible;
• Crisis counseling is available to all residents;
• The Weed Police Department has established a Hot Line to provide information and is available 24/7. It’s asked that you please be patient with call center volunteers;
• CAL FIRE Information Line is available 24/7 at 530-408-6167
• Siskiyou County Public Health will be offering no cost tetanus shots for residents that will be involved in debris management and removal. According to a press release, “It is important to be current on your tetanus booster prior to beginning this type work. It is suggested if it has been 5-10 years since last dose, that you receive a booster dose.” The clinic will be located at College of the Siskiyous in the old Life Science Building on Friday, Sept. 19, from 10 am to 2 pm.
Further information is posted on the Weed Police Department Facebook page and Community Bulletin Boards.