How to submit letters, columns for Mount Shasta Herald opinion section
To submit a letter to the editor for publication in the Mount Shasta Herald and on mtshastanews.com, please email them to email@example.com. No PDFs please.
We welcome letters that are:
- 300 or fewer words
- In the writer's own words
- Free from libel
- In good taste
Letters must include:
- Writer's full name
- Address, city and ZIP code
- Daytime phone number for verification. Only name and city of residence will be printed.
We do not accept:
Letters from writers outside our circulation area
Letters with unverified facts or vulgarity
Letters that have been submitted for publication elsewhere
Letters will be edited for clarity, grammar and length. No more than one letter to the editor or guest column (either one or the other) from a contributor will be published in a 30-day period. The Mount Shasta Herald has final say in publication decisions regarding submissions.
To submit a guest column
The Mount Shasta Herald welcomes guest columns addressing local political and social issues.
General guidelines include:
- Columns should be no more than 700 words.
- We print the author's photo and contact info (typically an e-mail address) with the column.
- Anonymous columns are never published.
- Stick to a single topic and avoid personal attacks.
- We reserve the right to edit and republish (including electronically) all columns.
- We do not accept columns that have been submitted for publication elsewhere.
No more than one letter to the editor or guest column (either one or the other) from a contributor will be published in a 30-day period.
Direct submissions and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.