LIVE: GROUPON WHIFFS, AND THE STOCK IS DOWN 10% (GRPN)
Groupon earnings are out!
The stock is down in after-hours trading after the company missed analyst estimates on revenue and gave worse than expected guidance.
An immediate 10% after-hour drop followed a 5% drop during the day. Since September the stock has been falling.
In addition to announcing earnings, Groupon announced that it acquired Ticket Monster, an e-commerce company from Korea.
Here are the big numbers versus expectations:
- Revenues: $595 million versus $615.69 million expected.
- Earnings per share: $0.02 versus $0.01 expected
- Q4 EPS $0.00 to $0.02 versus $0.06 expected
- Revenue: $690-$740 million versus $723.68 million expected
Here's the full earnings release:
Groupon Announces Third Quarter 2013 Results and Agreement to Acquire Ticket Monster
- The Story Behind Why AOL CEO Tim Armstrong Fired An Employee In Front Of 1,000 Coworkers
- Here's Why 'The Internet Of Things' Will Be Huge, And Drive Tremendous Value For People And Businesses
- Bitcoin Is A Joke