People Are Willing To Pay Way More For Homes Where Celebrities Used To Live [INFOGRAPHIC]
Everyone knows there are high markups in restaurants, bars, and most retail goods, but what about celebrity real estate?
The folks at real estate website Movoto looked at a number of celebrity homes in the Los Angeles and Malibu areas to see if the prices of these homes were inflated compared to similar non-celebrity homes in the same area simply because a famous person used to live there.
The answer, they found, is "yes" ... depending on the celebrity. Robert Pattinson's place in Los Feliz, for example, sold for 202% above the average home price in the neighborhood, but Katy Perry's Hollywood Hills home went for 27% below average.
Here's an infographic Movoto created looking at 12 different homes and whether they fell victim to "celebrity inflation":
- An Upcoming iPhone Feature From Apple Will Completely Transform How You Use Apps
- Facebook Thought This Woman's Name Was 'Too Suggestive' So They Asked For Photo ID To Prove It Was Real
- The 10 Most Beautiful College Campuses In America
- Paul McCartney Gave A Profound Example Of How Celebrities Can No Longer Control Their Own Pasts
- Orlando Bloom Tried To Punch Justin Bieber Last Night During A Crazy Feud Over Their Famous Exes