10 Childish Ads That Show The Dramatic War Between Uber And Lyft
Uber and Lyft don't like each other, even though they've supposedly had acquisition talks. The two are leaders in the on-demand ride service space, and they've been public about their disdain for each other.
Uber, led by bombastic CEO Travis Kalanick, has created multiple ads encouraging (and incentivizing) drivers to ditch Lyft.
Here are some of the craziest ads the companies have run in the very-public war against each other. An Uber spokesperson has not returned a request for comment to confirm authenticity for all the ads, but many of them have been previously reported by Reddit, Twitter, Business Insider, and other news outlets.
Uber posted this ad on Facebook, with a quote from a driver knocking Lyft's business. Lyft fired back and said that driver failed its safety test.
Uber has offered monetary rewards and electronics to Lyft drivers who switch over.
Here's another Uber ad making a similar promise to Lyft drivers.
Uber also ran the campaign on Twitter.
- Uber: Lyft Said It'd Go 'Nuclear' If We Didn't Acquire Them
- Rival Car Service Lyft Accuses Uber Employees Of Making Thousands Of Bogus Pick-Up Requests
- 33 Gorgeous Instagram Photos From A Guy Who Ditched NYC To Live Out Of His Van
- 8 Common Tech Myths You Should Stop Believing Today
- 10 YouTube Stars Who Should Be On Your Radar