New Clippers Owner Steve Ballmer Goes Bonkers In Epic Introduction Speech
New Los Angeles Clippers owner Steve Ballmer introduced himself to fans in an introductory pep rally at the Staples Center on Monday, and he did not disappoint.
Ballmer, the former Microsoft CEO who's known for his emotional speeches, was beyond excited. He started chants, professed his love for Los Angeles, gave the crowd his email address (email@example.com), and attempted to usher in a new era of Clippers basketball with overwhelming enthusiasm.
Ballmer bought the Clippers for a cool $2 billion (four times the record sale for an NBA team, according to the LA Times) after former owner Donald Sterling was ousted because of racist comments he made to his girlfriend.
In the wake of the Donald Sterling scandal, Ballmer made a fantastic, passionate speech delivered at a near-scream for 13 minutes.
The best part came at the nine-minute mark, when he told the crowd:
"We're going to be hardcore. HARD-core. HARDCORE! We're going to get better everyday. We're going to be tenacious. Something knocks us down and we're going to get back and keep coming and coming and coming and coming. Did you watch these guys? That was hardcore! Hardcore baby! Nothing gets in our way, BOOM! Keep coming. HARD-core. The HARDCORE Clippers, that's us."
Here's the entire thing:
The Clippers players were excited/utterly baffled:
- The NBA's Best Players Are Losing A Bunch Of Weight, And It's All Because Of Kobe Bryant
- LeBron James' Agent Was A 21-Year-Old Selling Jerseys Out Of The Trunk Of His Car When He First Met LeBron
- LeBron James Will Return To Miami On The Biggest Day Of The NBA's Regular Season
- Donald Sterling's Wife Is Still Going To Be Part Of Clippers Organization With Some Weird Perks
- Bill Simmons Is Leaving ESPN's NBA Countdown And Getting His Own Show