Instagram Just Launched A Standalone App That Makes It Incredibly Easy To Take Time-Lapse Videos
Instagram launched its first standalone app today, a video app called Hyperlapse.
Hyperlapse is like having $15,000 dollars worth of top shelf video equipment in the palm of your hand. And yes, it's free.
"Using clever algorithm processing, the app makes it easy to use your phone to create tracking shots and fast, time-lapse videos that look as if they’re shot by Scorsese or Michael Mann," Wired reports.
Take a look at this video, shot with Hyperlapse:
In Instagram's announcement of Hyperlapse, the company explains time-lapse: "a technique where video is captured at lower frame-rate than normal, and then played back at a standard frame rate."
This technology makes it easy for a regular person to capture motion that takes a long time to complete, such as flowers blooming, snowfall collecting on the ground, colors changing on the trees, a sunrise, a sunset. Hyperlapse will consolidate and show all of your footage in a matter of seconds.
- Here's What The Rich Kids Of Instagram Did With Their Summers
- 19 Incredible Photos From New York City's 17-Year-Old 'Outlaw Instagrammer'
- Social Media Engagement: The Surprising Facts About How Much Time People Spend On The Major Social Networks
- 5 Awesome Instagram Tricks You Didn't Know About
- 11 Google Chrome Extensions That Will Boost Your Productivity