The simple secret menu trick for getting a cheaper Big Mac
But there's a simple way to get the taste of McDonald's Big Mac for cheaper than the typical $4.
Just order a McDouble without ketchup, then add lettuce and Big Mac sauce.
This "Poor Man's Big Mac" will cost about $1.49, according to Hack The Menu.
Business Insider has successfully tried this trick at several different McDonald's locations.
Here are a few other reported secret menu items:
- The Chicken McGriddle replaces a fried chicken patty with sausage, egg, or bacon. You can also just add the fried chicken patty to a McGriddle with all the other ingredients. "Chicken McGriddle is a great way to get that chicken and waffles taste when you just can't find the real deal," according to #HackTheMenu.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches are a great option for light appetites or vegetarians. Simply order a grilled cheese, specifying that you'd like the bun grilled for maximum toasty flavor. This item costs around $1.
- The Pie McFlurry includes an apple pie blended into McFlurry ice cream. This delicious dessert will only cost a couple of dollars and could be shared with a friend.
- McDonald's is trying to be more like Chick-fil-A
- 7-Eleven has a ridiculous new promotion for Slurpee fans
- Bojangles' is the latest hot restaurant chain to go public — here's why people love it
Follow Us: On Facebook