5 ways this Mercedes-Benz plug-in hybrid is revolutionizing the luxury market
1. Plugs into an ordinary socket.
An intelligent on-board system makes charging easy — you can do it from any conventional household power socket in fewer than three hours. An automatic lock also ensures that your power cord won't get accidentally yanked out. In the future it will be even easier and faster to charge the S-Class Plug-In Hybrid; you'll be able to use fast, "cableless" inductive charging.
2. Makes your world exactly like you want it.
Set among the cabin's hand-stitched leather and exotic woods are unheard of features, such as a fragrance system that can fill the car with a subtle aroma. It also has a multizone LED ambient lighting system with seven color options for the storage areas, footwells, and even the instrument displays. Those are just a few of the ways the S-Class Plug-In Hybrid lets drivers change the environment and maybe even relieve stress while they're on the road. Comfort is paramount with the S-Class Plug-In Hybrid. It even allows drivers to use the automatic climate control to preset the cabin temperature they prefer from their phones — before they open the car door.
3. You can choose how you want to go: hybrid, gas, or electric.
The S-Class Plug-In Hybrid drives the way you want it to — and it's going to automatically make your choice as efficient as possible. With the transmission-mode switch, you can select from four driving modes: Hybrid (drive with gas and electric sharing the duties), E-Mode (use only the electric motor), E-Save (you can disengage the electric motor), and Charge (charge the car in fewer than three hours).
4. Expect top performance from this engine.
- George Clooney considered playing Marvel's Nick Fury until he saw this unbelievably gory scene
- Here are the differences between the US's 2 most elite special forces units
- Say goodbye to your clunky air conditioner — this kitchen table uses no electricity to regulate the temperature of your apartment