California at Arizona State canceled
The Arizona State Sun Devils (0-1) will play their home opener against the California Golden Bears this weekend. Kickoff is Saturday night at 10:30 p.m. ET at Sun Devil Stadium. Below, we analyze the California-Arizona State college football betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
UPDATE (Friday at 2:50 p.m. ET): Cal-ASU was canceled because of positive COVID-19 tests.
California at Arizona State: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line : Cal +130 (bet $100 to win $130) | Arizona State -154 (bet $154 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Cal +3.5 (-110) | Arizona State -3.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 46.5 (O: -115 | U: -106)
California at Arizona State: Three things to know
- ASU QB Jayden Daniels completed only 11 of 23 passes for 134 yards and a touchdown but rushed for 111 yards in the Sun Devils' 28-27 loss to USC.
- ASU RB DeaMonte Trayanum rushed for 84 yards and two touchdowns, while RB Rachaad White rushed for 76 yards and caught three passes for 70 yards and a touchdown.
- Cal returns 18 starters but lost Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year Evan Weaver to the NFL.
California at Arizona State:Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Arizona State 24, California 21
Money line (ML)
The Sun Devils suffered a brutal loss to USC last week ad struggled in the passing game but controlled the game for 55 minutes. They will control the tempo with their rushing attack again and get the win. The line is good enough to bet the money line. Take ARIZONA STATE (-154).
Against the spread (ATS)
Arizona State was brutal against the spread last season when favored, covering the spread in only one of seven such games. The Sun Devils have been very good at winning close games and Cal will be tough enough to keep it close. Take CAL +3.5 (-110).
The game will come close. Arizona State will be able to pass the ball better but will rely on the run game, which will slow the game down. ASU was 6-7 O/U in 2019 and its opener went Under the total last week. Take UNDER 46.5 POINTS (-106).
Additional college football coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama football / Auburn football / Florida football / Georgia football / LSU football / Michigan football / Michigan State football / Notre Dame football / Ohio State football / Oklahoma football / Tennessee football / Texas football / USC football / Wisconsin football
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.