Oakland Athletics at Seattle Mariners odds, picks and prediction
The Oakland Athletics (55-42) travel to T-Mobile Park Thursday to start a four-game series with the AL West rival Seattle Mariners (51-44) at 10:10 p.m. ET. Let's analyze BetMGM Sportsbook's lines around the Athletics vs. Mariners odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Season series: Tied 3-3.
LHP Sean Manaea takes the mound for the Athletics. Manaea is 6-6 with a 3.28 ERA (109 2/3 IP, 40 ER), 1.20 WHIP, 2.1 BB/9 and 9.4 K/9 over 19 starts.
- Last outing: No-decision with 5 1/3 IP, 3 ER, 7 H, 0 BB and 7 K in Oakland's 5-4 win vs. the Cleveland Indians Friday.
- One of Manaea's two shutouts came in his only start this season against Seattle as he allowed 4 hits, 2 walks and struck out 8 in Oakland's 6-0 victory June 2.
- vs. Mariners on the current roster: 2.21 FIP with a .226 batting average (BA), .244 wOBA, .352 expected slugging percentage (xSLG), 22.5 K% and 88.8 mph exit velocity (EV) in 89 plate appearances.
RHP Chris Flexen is Seattle's projected starter. Flexen is 9-3 with a 3.35 ERA (99 1/3 IP, 37 ER), 1.20 WHIP, 1.8 BB/9 and 5.9 K/9 over 17 starts.
- Last outing: Win, 6-5, with 7 IP, 1 ER, 6 H, 1 BB and 2 K at the Los Angeles Angels Friday.
- Flexen was the opposing pitcher in Manaea's June 2 shutout win over Seattle, posting a stat line of 6 IP, 5 ER, 7 H, 1 BB and 3 K.
- vs. Athletics on the current roster: 4.33 FIP with a .267 BA, .322 wOBA, .411 xSLG, 12.9 K% and 89.7 mph EV in 31 plate appearances.
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA, WV and Washington D.C. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team's money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you'll get up to $600 in free bets.Bet now!
Athletics at Mariners odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Athletics -140 (bet $140 to win $100) | Mariners +115 (bet $100 to win $115)
- Against the spread/ATS: Athletics -1.5 (+120) | Mariners +1.5 (-145)
- Over/Under: 8 (O: -105 | U: -115)
Mariners 4, Athletics 2
Money line (ML)
"LEAN" to the MARINERS (+115) for a half unit because Flexen has been awesome at home this season. The Mariners are 29-20 at home this year and they're also 20-13 vs. lefty starters.
Flexen is 6-2 in Seattle this season with a 1.76 ERA (5.92 road ERA), 0.95 WHIP (1.61 road WHIP) and 4.3 K/BB at home (2.2 K/BB on the road).
Also, if Flexen can turn the game over to his relievers with the lead or tied I like the Mariners' chances of pulling this game out in the late innings because their bullpen is a lot more reliable.
For instance, Seattle's bullpen is second in WAR while Oakland's ranks 21st. Furthermore, the Mariners relievers rank in the top 10 in K-BB% and SIERA whereas the Athletics' bullpen is in the bottom 10 of those categories.
I also "LEAN" to the FIRST FIVE INNINGS MARINERS +0.5 (-115) for a half unit but would prefer taking this line more than Seattle's money line because the Mariners have won eight of Flexen's 10 home starts and he's exited the game with Seattle either tied or ahead in eight of the 10 games.
"LEAN" to the UNDER 8 (-115) for a half unit because the market is hammering the Over but, if anything, the total is moving down with the Under being the more expensive side to bet.
Moreover, the Athletics are 17-24-2 O/U in road games, the Mariners are 20-27-2 O/U in home games and the Under has cashed in Oakland's last four games as a favorite.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.