This week’s suggestions include watching "Captain America: The First Avenger," celebrating Hot Enough For Ya Day, watching the Tour de France and more.
1. Another superhero movie hits the theaters this week: “Captain America: The First Avenger.” This PG-13 origin film stars Chris Evans, Tommy Lee Jones and Hugo Weaving, and should be good for most of the family. For adults, there’s “Friends with Benefits,” an R movie starring Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake.
2. If you haven’t had your fill of “Harry Potter” yet and want another reason to celebrate the movies (and books), Saturday is Daniel Radcliffe’s birthday. You could go see “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2” or hold a party and show all the previous films.
3. Saturday is Hot Enough For Ya Day, and, boy, is it perfect timing – most of the U.S. is suffering through a heat wave. Go to a pool or the beach, play in sprinklers, eat ice cream – just find a way to stay cool!
4. The Tour de France ends on Sunday, and you’ll be able to catch the exciting conclusion on TV. Check your listings for times, or head to the official website.
5. There are more sports options this weekend if you just want to sit back and stay cool: The WNBA All-Star Game takes place Saturday at 3:30 p.m. EDT on ABC; Major League Baseball is in action; and several NASCAR races will take place. Check your listings for TV times.
GateHouse News Service