This week’s suggestions include celebrating aliens, watching "Zookeeper," taking part in Teddy Bear Picnic Day and more.
1. July 8 is the anniversary of the report that a UFO crash-landed in Roswell, N.M. While there’s no hard evidence of alien life to celebrate, you can still have some fun: Watch some alien-themed TV shows or movies (“Independence Day,” perhaps?), make some alien-themed crafts or do whatever you can think of.
2. The big movies opening this week are “Zookeeper,” a PG movie starring Kevin James that the whole family should enjoy; “Horrible Bosses,” an R-rated comedy starring a host of big actors, including Jason Bateman, Kevin Spacey, Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis; and the PG-13 “Project Nim,” a movie about a chimpanzee.
3. Sunday is Teddy Bear Picnic Day, a day to take your favorite stuffed animal on a picnic. You can hold a tea party in your backyard or have a full picnic in the park – just don’t forget Teddy!
4. Major League Baseball’s All-Star game is Tuesday, but there are All-Star activities taking place this weekend as well, including the Futures Game. Check the TV listings for information on broadcast times, or head to MLB’s All-Star website.
5. July is National Ice Cream Month, so if you’re looking for something to do this weekend, celebrate America’s favorite cold treat. Head to your favorite ice cream shop, or make your own ice cream sundaes at home.
GateHouse News Service