This week’s suggestions include watching the Pro Bowl or SAGs, seeing a new movie such as “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters,” and more.
1. The Super Bowl isn’t until Feb. 3, but you can get your football fix this weekend with the Pro Bowl. The annual all-star game is Sunday at 5 p.m. EST on NBC. For more information, go to www.probowl.com.
2. Speaking of the Super Bowl, why not plan your party this weekend? Find the recipes you need, buy the necessary décor, pick out some football movies for pre-game entertainment and more.
3. The big movies opening this week are all rated R: “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters,” a horror “fairy tale”; “Parker,” a thriller starring Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez; and “Movie 43,” a comedy.
4. The Screen Actors Guild Awards will be broadcast Sunday night. The SAGs will be shown on TNT and TBS at 8 p.m. EST. Find out more at www.sagawards.org.
5. A cold winter weekend is the perfect time for a game night. Pick out your favorite board and card games, and invite some friends over or play with your family. Be sure to serve some hot chocolate or another tasty winter beverage.
GateHouse News Service